Author Topic: Damn you TiG WoW fuppers!!!!  (Read 7510 times)

[GiT]Hellrazer

• TiG Member
  • Should be a better title
Damn you TiG WoW fuppers!!!!
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:21:36 PM »
Right thats it--Im bored--Nothing to play so Im giving in and am going to try WoW!!!

So since Ive never played an MMO in my life can you lot tell me where to start?

What do I need to buy,install,patch?

Do you lot use any particular servers(if thats the way it works),do you play on private servers?Does TiG have a server?

Any sites that you recommend reading to get me started?

[TiG]Boru

• I like pie
Re: Damn you TiG WoW fuppers!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
Right lets get you started.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/index.xml

On the right hand side there's a free trial tab. Hit that.
Dont worry about adds patches or anything like that yet, the trials up to date full version of the game.
Only thing you cant do is trade goods with other players and i dont think you can join a guild and have
a level cap of 20.
Its a big download by the way but its up to date and we can meet you ingame, chat and help yar
big noob head out.
While thats downloading read up on this site http://www.gotwarcraft.com/index.php
Its got alot of good info on the classes and breaks things down for each classes spec's

Once you log in for the first time the game will drop you in a low populated server, but on your
charactar creation screen at the top right theres an option to change server.
TERENAS SERVER HORDE SIDE
Thats whare you'll find us.Once you in let us know and jump on TS one of us will be there to answer the 1000 questions you might have, but its easy to ge the hang of.

[GiT]Hellrazer

• TiG Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
Right lets get you started.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/index.xml

On the right hand side there's a free trial tab. Hit that.
Done--downloading now.But see below.

Its a big download by the way but its up to date and we can meet you ingame, chat and help yar
big noob head out.
Ok maybe Im doing something wrong but the download is only 32mb yet it says "additional content" will be downloaded as required--its the trial version that I downloaded--that right?

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:36:21 PM »
Ok maybe Im doing something wrong but the download is only 32mb yet it says "additional content" will be downloaded as required--its the trial version that I downloaded--that right?
That's okay. When you goto install it, it'll download any content it needs then, and afterwards will download content when your playing, as you go along.

[GiT]Hellrazer

• TiG Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:44:46 AM »
Seem to have it up and running.
Decided to start with a Horde Warlock using the Undead race<<<Good or Bad choice??After reading Borus link above it seemed like a good choice.

Right so Ive started carrying out the various tasks that the games leads you by the nose to do--whats next??

Do I just keep going with these??And am I right in saying that these tasks feel more like a "tutorial" than anything else??

[TiG]Molc

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • http://molc.nonado.net
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:08:19 AM »
The leveling part of the game (1-80) is all about doing those quests and being led by the nose. It's more fun if you know someone else doing it as you can kill mobs together and have some craic at the same time. Think of wow as a very basic single player game - the real fun is playing with others.

And of course, raiding at the top level :)

[GiT]Hellrazer

• TiG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
Thanks for that Molc.

Id better get levelling up so--think Id be bored quite quick with the single player aspect alone.

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »
Add Ons make the game a lot easier to understand.  The main one for me is Quest Helper.  Download this and unzip it into \interface\addons\.  It adds a GPS like arrow to your screen that directs you to the closest quest item etc.

[GiT]Hellrazer

• TiG Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
Nice one Fairy--Will try that when I get home.
Next question--Theres an option in the trial to upgrade to full version..Am I better doing that or just buying the discs in Game or the likes--I think I get 2 months free with the discs which should be enough time for me to decide to stick with it or not.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 12:42:33 PM »
quest helper is already built in to the game as far as i no, when u get a quest open ur map using (M) and you should see a range of yellow icons on the map with numbers ranging from 1 - what ever just walk to the yellow icon or hover ur mouse over it 2 see what the quest is etc.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 01:37:26 PM »
Anyone know of anybody with an account they no longer need? Might be a good solution and speed up teh process?

Cully

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »
Lads if yas are levelling up pm me if yas want a torrent link for zygors levelling guide.
Its frikking awesome, its like questhelper  with the arrows to objective etc but it guides you through the whole process only picking up quest that are worth the effort and cuts out all the needless quests that give little xp reward.
Its mainly for levelling alts , if its your first char id recommend not using it and enjoy the game.

More info here http://www.zygorguides.com/ ,check out some of the videos to see whats its about.
I started using it last week and its excellent.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
This is the perfect time to use the recruit a friend system with the added xp bonus he would fly up levels and we can port him straight to your location.

[TiG]Boru

• I like pie
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »
thought of this in work today hell.
Before you upgrade your acount after the 10days make sure you look into this

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/recruitafriend.html

Makes things very easy, and you'v got a more experince's player working next to you.
Id be happy to roll a paly (again) and heal or tank the random dungon finder with ya to 80, would make things very fast.Unless any of the other tig lads want to do this that is.

this things a great idea i think

should be on most of the day, ill leave TS up incase your around and have any questions
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:25:45 PM by [TiG]Boru »

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 06:05:04 PM »
Will be on tonight to spread my noobness around!

TinyPortal © 2005-2017