Author Topic: RAM issue (Memtest86 screenshots)  (Read 1755 times)

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
RAM issue (Memtest86 screenshots)
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:13:32 PM »
Whilst playing games such as ARMA3, etc, I usually get "ARAM3 is using up too much memory" Windows warnings, and after a few of them, it usually crashes the game. The odd thing is, the memory usage would be below the 6GB mark, of the total 8GB. This wouldn't happen every game, but enough to be annoying.

So, I ran Memtest86, and on one core, it ran okay and completed. On all cores, it'd crash at the below;

So I ran it again, same settings, and got a similar one;

Anyone have any idea?

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
Re: RAM issue (Memtest86 screenshots)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:42:22 AM »
When you are playing games that are more memory intensive you might be starting to use areas of your memory not normally used.  You'd have to take all the dimms out and then test them one by one.  The last time I had this issue I ended up just replacing the memory as it always was problematic.

kdoo12

• Moving Up In Life
Re: RAM issue (Memtest86 screenshots)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 10:52:52 PM »
Syco, have you used CCleaner before?

If not I'd suggest you do. To me it looks like you have a memory allocation problem, which is a problem with your system that ARMA3 triggers. My guess is that you have a run-time error that occurs when an instance of ARMA3 is trying to run when you already have ARMA3 running. The OS is smart enough to stop this from happening in most cases. First check if you have any duplicate ARMA3 files, including the mods. Then run CCleaner to free up some space from bloat files, then run the REGISTRY CLEANER with CCleaner. Make sure you have a restore point set up BEFORE you run the registry cleaner as fixing the errors/broken settings could cause more to develop. Hope this helps.

~Keith~

TinyPortal © 2005-2017