Author Topic: ARMA2 Dayz  (Read 21595 times)

Waggy

• TiG Member
  • Getting Known
Re: ARMA2 Dayz
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
Just nipped on for a few minutes today..... Two hours later, 1 murder & 33 zombies dead, I am low on blood, but alive and just east of Green Mountain pass, which is just east of the main town of Zelenogorsk. Looking forward to trying to hook up with you guys this evening. It's bloody brilliant!

The Murder took place in Drazhino, I had just slipped past some Z's into a Barn which had a bunch of Lee Enfields and ammo. I was behind a haystack with poor visibilty when I heard a shuffling noise, but with no moaning. Crap, it must be another player in the barn, but I had not loaded the Lee Enfield, so I did, I might as well have just shouted, the noise of the reload was like a bottle being smashed. The shuffling stopped, and I think I must have not moved for five of the longest minutes of my life, then the shuffling starts again, and around the haystack on the ground I see a rifle moving forward and then a body with a base ball cap. So i thought fuck it, it's taken me too long to get here, he's sneaking, can't trust him  and so I shot him and dragged the body into the corner on his back and started to rifle the body. I then realised he was still bleeding, so still alive and could maybe see me. I felt really crap, because i could have bandaged him up and saved him, but I took out the makarov, went up to his face and shot him point blank in the eye. I was still thinking about him an hour later and still felling guilty. A game has never done that to me before.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:00:46 PM by [TiG]Waggy »

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »
Guys can we maybe try and meet up tonight at Mogilevka and move our way towards Stary Sobor?  Maybe decide on an area to use as a base?

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 02:33:02 PM »
Guys can we maybe try and meet up tonight at Mogilevka and move our way towards Stary Sobor?  Maybe decide on an area to use as a base?

Sounds good.

Went on for a few mins earlier. Managed to fight my way to a power station where I picked up a sweet looking AK, saw a player body on the roof so went to see if he had any decent loot, and proceeded to fall off teh roof and died, never even got to fire the AK.

[TiG]Boru

• Should be a better title
  • I like pie
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 02:34:36 PM »
I cant play on the us5 server for some reason the server client and battleye dont connect and i get kicked everytime. but ill try get myself into the same area on another server for now

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
We've left US5 now, not sure which server we where on last night, can any of the guys remember?

[TiG]Boru

• I like pie
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 03:18:58 PM »
tis all the one for now, ill try stay alive and head in the direction of  Mogilevka.

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »
Should be able to join ye later...  if everything works first time.

[TiG]Boru

• I like pie
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Ok made my way from Komarovo to just south/south west of Mogilevka in the forest.

All that way avoiding buildings and zombies sticking to tree lines dirt roads, just north of Ozerko theres a building with zombies outside it but i needed water and food.
So i crawl past a few zombies maken my way to the door and there's a dead body next to it, ALICE pack, revolver and Winchester with ammo, Bino's bandages, water, food
and a watch and map, fuckin hell it was tense sneaking around the zombies and back to the tree line again. 

Waggy

• TiG Member
  • Getting Known
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
I'm not too far from Mogilevke, I will meet you guys there.

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
We've left US5 now, not sure which server we where on last night, can any of the guys remember?
Pretty sure it is now Dallas5.

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
Could someone upload "33930_install.vdf" from the main "arma 2 operation arrowhead" folder? Getting problems with Steam from this, and deleting it & letting Steam redownload it ain't working.

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »
Got a first go of Dayz tonight, after at least 90 mins (!) of trying to get into a game, I made it into a server with the lads.

Spawned near Cherno and followed road/train tracks, found another survivor crouched on the tracks by the name of 'coyote', he wasn't moving. After a quick once over, I push onwards and then realise that coyote is following, trying to pilfer stuff from my pack! I'm not really paying him attention, if he was going to shoot me, he would have done so by now.

Listening to the lads on ts and trying to get my bearings, coyote, starts throwing flares on the ground... "bleedin' gimp... wasting his flares", I think to myself. I stop to get a handle on how to work the inventory etc and then head inland... with coyote close behind.

Out of nowhere... *BAM* I get hit with a single shot to the head. Fuck you coyote!

Get respawned and back into cherno, waggy is nearby somewhere by himself and syco and karma are having trouble with a pair of zeds, syco pulls the horde and ends it for the both of them. I find a church and announce my position to the lads... then scout all the nearby roads, only to find another survivor... I'm much more cautious this time. I get close enough to mouseover and realise... COYOTE! IT'S HIM! No hesitation... *Pop Pop* (Magnitude would be proud!), two right in the head. Announce my vengence with pride on TS...

I find waggy near the north hospital and he shows me where to get tooled up... winchester, ammo, food and drink. I'm set.

We head inland to Mogilevka to hook up with fairy, grim, boru, abe, karma and syco.

On the road in, we realise the server we're on has 0 zombies left, they've all been killed and none are respawning. Unfortunately, nothing else seems to be working either, no drops, no water refills etc. We have the run of the map, which makes it much easier to meet up, log off and spawn on another server together.

Myself and waggy arrive at Mogilevka and we're co-ordinating with the others on TS, karma and abe are on their way, grim and boru already there, we can hear another player somewhere over global ingame voice comms telling syco to calm down and don't shoot... shortly afterward we hear the torrent of abuse directed at syco for shooting... ah, classic syco!

fairy comes down to collect us... I mouseover him as he walks down the road... when he gets close enough, 'Open backpack (coyote)' is displayed onscreen and the realisation dawns on me, like so: "are all players displayed as 'coyote' on this buggy server?!" "wait... it was hardly him?" "he sat on TS and didn't say a word all that time?!" "ffs, that prick just shot me in the back of the head on my first dayz mod run..." WAW!

After resisting the temptation to shoot him in the head again, we all form up on the north east hill overlooking Mogilevka, agree to take a break, switch server and push into the village.

20 mins later, we're back on a new server and looking at wandering zeds all over the roads around our position, this is a different scene to the last server and the game properly kicks in here...

A line of us in the trees, myself, abe, boru, grim, fairy and karma, all croutch-walk slowly towards the road into Mogilevka, while waggy covers with the sniper rifle on the hill. Someone comes up with the idea that waggy should start sniping them and thin the zeds out a bit for our approach. It sounded like a good idea at the time... the shots ring out in the Mogilevka sky and zeds for miles around, free at last, with one direction and purpose, come running towards us.

After the smoke clears, boru is dead: myself, karma, abe and grim are alive...barely. fairy is on the ground unable to move, bleeding out, calling for bandages and adrenalin shots. Waggy is safe up on the hill. In fairness to him, he didn't laugh a single time at the benny hill scene that must have unfolded on his screen. After using up everyone's blood and bandages, fairy logs and rejoins, up and about again.

We decide against Mogilevka and push on towards Staroye but it's getting dark and we're out of supplies...

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »
great to get everyone together, but it seems that everyone is playing to midnight, and poor little abe has to log off early round 11 as am not a morning person.

I no this means am goina ave to catch up so can sum1 post the groups logout town on the forums so i can get on early and make my way to the rest of the group.

or if anyone else isnt on sum nite they can keep a track of the groups position.

be on 2nite around 7

[TiG]Boru

• I like pie
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »
yeah, same as abe here. Let me know what town i should be close to please.

[TiG]Boru

• I like pie
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:54 AM »
Right Im in the tree line we grouped up in last night, I was able to grab some water a revolver with ammo and a set
of bino's from 2 buildings on the edge of Mogilevka.  :?:
Can someone tell me where ye are from there and I group up with ye then

TinyPortal © 2005-2017