Author Topic: ARMA2 Dayz  (Read 21599 times)

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
ARMA2 Dayz
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:33:44 PM »
OK this looks fukin amazing, thank god for MODS!!!!

If you havent already got ARMA2 the free version will suffice, along with the Operation Arrowhead add on, ?14.99.

1. DL Arma free via steam
2. Buy and DL Operation Arrowhead
3. Go to the Arma Free folder, Copy the 'Addons' folder
4. Go to the Operation arrowhead folder.
5. Paste the Arma Free Addons folder into the Operation Arrowhead folder, merge with a possible existing Addons folder, if its in there.
6. Download all the Dayz mod files. Put them ALL in a folder called @dayz, put this folder into the Operation arrowhead folder.
7. Go to Steam, Operation Arrowhead launch properties, add this line: -mod=@dayz
8. Launch Arrowhead, you MUST select Combined Operations, game launches.
9. Confirm mod has loaded by checking the top right of Arma menu screen, should just say @dayz up there.
10. Kill Zeds.

Working on a server now...without breaking ph33r...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWFv1CUa6Y
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:49:59 PM by [TiG]Fairy »

[TiG]Boru

• Should be a better title
  • I like pie
Re: ARMA2 Dayz
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »
have any trouble getting it to download of DayZ website?

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:44:05 PM »
Nope got all the files there this morning.  Have the Operation Arrowhead downloading now.  Need to log onto steam on ph33r and install the whole game via steam though, so fingers crossed I can get that done ok.

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »
Arma 2 free can be downloaded from http://www.arma2.com/free as well.  Its just under a gig so smaller than downloading the full game.

[TiG]Boru

• Should be a better title
  • I like pie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
just finished downloading arma2 and arrowhead, got them on steam god knows how long ago and  never played them.
ill sort out the dayz mod later and be on for games tonight.

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 02:35:08 PM »
Game is way over subbed at the moment to the point that it is impossible to even join a server.  Also I cannot remote access ph33r, its laggy beyond belief so I cant install a server.  Can try and host one here, but then doubt I will be able to play as well.

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 12:58:38 AM »

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 01:38:38 AM »
OK this looks fukin amazing, thank god for MODS!!!!

If you havent already got ARMA2 the free version will suffice, along with the Operation Arrowhead add on, ?14.99.

1. DL Arma free via steam
2. Buy and DL Operation Arrowhead
3. Go to the Arma Free folder, Copy the 'Addons' folder
4. Go to the Operation arrowhead folder.
5. Paste the Arma Free Addons folder into the Operation Arrowhead folder, merge with a possible existing Addons folder, if its in there.
6. Download all the Dayz mod files. Put them ALL in a folder called @dayz, put this folder into the Operation arrowhead folder.
7. Go to Steam, Operation Arrowhead launch properties, add this line: -mod=@dayz
8. Launch Arrowhead, you MUST select Combined Operations, game launches.
9. Confirm mod has loaded by checking the top right of Arma menu screen, should just say @dayz up there.
10. Kill Zeds.
Seems the addons folder is within the Expansion (on the Steam install), so I just merged the files there.

As for getting a server, seems you have to allow the Mod team access to your server for them to allow you to use your server. Guessing it's to stop people from going from a private hacked server full of guns to a normal server?

Anyhoo's, did a filter by mission "DayZ", and joined a low ping French server. Think I killed two humans. Said sorry, and left the server :/

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:45:02 AM »
Totally amazing game, have never ever played anything like it before.  The graphics are nothing to write home about, but the maps are huge.  It took myself and Grim nearly 40 minutes last night just to be able to work out where we where and find each other....after all that we where attacked by a flood of zombies, I paniced and started firing flares at them ffs, by which time i was near death as grim was laughing so much while running away!!!!

Everyone is cautious of everyone else, there is no trust except with your team mates on ts, and playing in the dark.......

This is why developers should allow guys to mod their games, totally brilliant!!!

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »
got the addon pack downloaded lastnite, will be on around 7, hopefully ill find yous before it gets dark lol

how did yous find each other? the stars? lol

Waggy

• TiG Member
  • Getting Known
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
If you have the full ARAM II can you just use OA Demo or do you need the full pack?

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »
You can use full or free ARMA2 but you need to buy the OA add on, around ?15 sterling off steam.

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
Abe hope to be on around 7:30ish, maybe earlier.  We can join a US server as it will be daytime then on those servers.

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
Seems there's been a patch. Two main things about the patch according to boardsie people;
more zombies in the server.
zombies don't spawn in buildings, but circle the buildings.

Waggy

• TiG Member
  • Getting Known
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
ok downloading OA, but will probably be tomorrow before it's all sorted, also have to look at a little game called Diablo III.

TinyPortal © 2005-2017