Author Topic: Free anarchy online [be quick]  (Read 1188 times)

Alegis

Free anarchy online [be quick]
« on: December 16, 2004, 10:27:24 AM »
Funcom has decided to release Anarchy Online (the sci-fi themed MMORPG) temporarily for free (without expansions).

All you need to do is download it and make a new account till the 15th of january 2005 and you'll be able to play with it without any charges till January the first 2006. Awesome to the max, who plays mmorpgs for longer than a year anyways.

I don't know that much about it, but now's the time to try it out!

[TiG]JimeatsLans

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 04:58:19 PM »
Oh, I'll give this a go.

was just thinking today how much I'd love to play a MMORPG but cba paying for it every month.

[TiG]Chunks

• Should be a better title
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:46:38 PM »
when i register it asks me to put in ccard details and says i'll be billed 14.95 for the month

[TiG]Steven

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 09:27:30 AM »
If I ever play one of those type of games it'll be Eve Online and none other

Darkireland

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 01:36:12 PM »
What a shit game i mean its mega shit dont wast your time downloading it

Alegis

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 01:58:55 PM »
Quote from: [TiG]Chunks
when i register it asks me to put in ccard details and says i'll be billed 14.95 for the month

https://register.funcom.com/newuser/aofree
(after registration you get the mail saying its free and all so don't mind the account info there. There's also a beginnersguide and manual link)
begin guide: http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/guides/beginnersguide/
manual: http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/guides/manual/

the download manager sux though

Well i'm going to try it out anyways Ireland, but what exactly is (really) bad about it, since I haven't got a clue how the game plays yet.

Anarchy Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG). The term applies to role-playing games that can be played online, hosting thousands of players simultaneously.

At first glance it is easy to see why Anarchy Online differs from most other MMORPGs. Anarchy Online is a science fiction MMORPG incorporating a number of new ideas and concepts. Up until Anarchy Online, all other MMORPGs had followed the fantasy theme.

Anarchy Online is also different from other games in the genre by offering random missions and dungeons, giving the player a unique gaming experience. Anarchy Online also has the capability to host up to 10,000 players simultaneously in one world, allowing you to make friends, or enemies, with a large and diverse community.

All MMORPGs follow a similar advancement style: Players are able to increase their abilities and skills through combat and trade skills. Much like in real-life, characters in MMORPGs learn skills through advancement and by building upon other skills. As characters advance they may also branch out into other skills or specialize in a particular type. All this of course is at your control, so you may create a truly unique character.

MMORPGs are able to immerse you into a dynamic world where you ARE someone else, rather than a face behind the screen, and this is perhaps the key to why MMORPGs are the success they are today.

Anarchy Online takes place on the world of Rubi-Ka, and has had three succesful content expansions since release (Notum Wars, Shadowlands, Alien Invasion)

[TiG]Steven

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 12:40:18 AM »
Quote from: [TiG]Darkireland
What a shit game i mean its mega shit dont wast your time downloading it

lol ... point taken :)

[TiG]Chunks

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 04:38:42 PM »
I downloaded it and ran the install.  Now when i try to run the game i'm asked for my username and password and then it starts downloading a patch.  When the patch is downloaded it says it has to quit and the game should start up in a few seconds.  Then it just goes back to the screen asking me for my username and password and starts downloading the same fucking patch all over again!  whats with that?  how can i play the fucking thing?

Alegis

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 05:34:47 PM »
There hasn't been a patch since the download, latest version is 15.7.3. What does it say in the launch window title? (Local version is X : remote version is :)

[TiG]Chunks

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 08:56:59 PM »
this is what i see when i start it up:

and then when i enter my username and password i get this:

then after this it goes back to the first picture asking for my username and password.  Then it goes to the second picture again in an infinite loop.  What am i doing wrong?

[TiG]Chunks

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 08:39:28 AM »
Right, got it working last night thanks to the lovely Alegis.  It's a bit slow moving for me (the storyline that is) I find it a bit boring tbh, but it was free so who am i to complain :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2017