Author Topic: help vista  (Read 5829 times)

marko

• Getting Known
help vista
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »
can anyone make sence off this?
got the new laptop hp dv9340 with windows vista home premuin, went trough the setup and updated windows and hp quickplay and regersted everything, then next day i swicthed it on, a fault sayin "windows could not boot up" and wanted to c could it fix it, i clicked ok, then it said it cant fix it and i pressed start windows normally,from then on it takes ages on the welcome screen then goes to a black screen for a few more minutes the loads the desktop, im not a genius at computers but im sure thats not right,  4-5 miuntes n toatal,
so i rang harvey norman again and they have now given me the upgraded verision dv 9385ea,?2500 euro. have it about 5 hours now and the same thing is happening, no fault warning just takes 5 miuntes to boot up

is it me, is it vista, am i doing something wrong, should i bring it back again i really dont know

please help

[TiG]Grim

• Global Moderator
  • Needs a life
  • WaW
Re: help vista
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:07:37 PM »
vista

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 11:07:53 PM »
Vista

Murray

• Moving Up In Life
    • Navan Nitro Nuts
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:29:34 PM »
ive vista n no prob, but its on a dell, not harvy norman crap

[TiG]FlippingFlipper

• Moving Up In Life
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:51:56 PM »
Vista takes me ages to load aswell sometimes get that black screen in all!

Probably came in with the last update?

Do you have an external hard drives attached?

Jackabo82

• Cillit Bang Salesman
  • Needs a life
    • Bebo thingy
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »
astala vista

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 11:02:51 AM »
Why not wipe it altogether and stick XP Pro on?  It's a free downgrade from MS once you have a licensed copy of Vista.  You'll find out of the problem is Vista, which it's most liekly to be, and you can always install Vista as a seperate OS to give you the choice of OS from a bootmenu later.

[GiT]Legion

• TiG Member
  • Should be a better title
    • http://www.lanparty.ie
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »
Why not wipe it altogether and stick XP Pro on?  It's a free downgrade from MS once you have a licensed copy of Vista.  You'll find out of the problem is Vista, which it's most liekly to be, and you can always install Vista as a seperate OS to give you the choice of OS from a bootmenu later.

What he says,also  XP Pro is proven now at this stage may not be perfect but at least your games etc will run..personally I always wait at least a year or so until I switch to a new OS was the same with 2k > XP
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 01:18:15 PM by [GiT]Legion »

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 02:49:23 PM »
Quote from: [GiT
Legion]personally I always wait at least a year or so until I switch to a new OS was the same with 2k > XP
Agreed.

Also, marko if you press F8 when the machine boots up, do you get an option to "Repair My Computer"? If so, select it, and select "Recovery Manger", and select "Full Factory Recovery", and it should make Vista work. That, or get XP onto it.

Only thing I can say is: wtf brand is it?

[TiG]Grim

• Global Moderator
  • Needs a life
  • WaW
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 03:57:03 PM »
got the new laptop hp dv9340 please help

[TiG]Nietzschean

• TiG Member
  • Moving Up In Life
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 10:54:30 PM »

What he says,also  XP Pro is proven now at this stage may not be perfect but at least your games etc will run..personally I always wait at least a year or so until I switch to a new OS was the same with 2k > XP
2k is still the best windows ms have ever released. first thing ye do with a fresh xp install is try make it as close to 2k as possible. Only reason ye have to use xp is they crippled the driver support in 2k.....

TinyPortal © 2005-2017