Author Topic: ARMA2 Dayz  (Read 21593 times)

[TiG]Boru

• Should be a better title
  • I like pie
Re: ARMA2 Dayz
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2012, 09:05:55 PM »
Have to clean my pants after dropping Flyingirishman!
Was walking along between chain link fence and concrete fence at the back of the 6 hangers of NWA. Just talking to grim on TS
and I hear the sound of fly's from a dead body in the trees to my right inside the concrete fence so I just decide I'll have a look.
Walk in at an opening in the fence and there's 3 bodies to take gear from!! oh yeah! And then one turns around and looks at me!!
I shit myself and open up with my revolver, 3 rounds into flyingirishman and i turn and run out past the fence's and drop under
a tree with low branches for cover. The other 2 come out a few seconds later and stand not more than 10 to 15 meters away from
me looking down the forest for the ninja (ME  :?: ) that dropped one of them. Thence few moments while they scan the forest for a
moving target and I'm just there on the ground to there right a little! I waited close to 10 min before moving away. Fuckin hell I love
this game!

Cully

« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »
Haha great story Boru, i could feel your tension.
Jaysus ive never felt such tension in a game, i cant wait to see what way this mod evolves, its fupping brilliant.

9pm or so onwards is a no go for me on TS :( little ones bedtime etc, concrete walls throughout the house and i still make too much noise :(

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
Surely you can listen in?  If not then build a sound proof booth tbh!!!!!

[TiG]Boru

• I like pie
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »
Anyone else try the boards server? I keep getting a message about not having the same server side client, but I was on it
earlier today and i can join any other server I want

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »
Got a zombie train. Kept running. Found a tractor. rode around on it. Owner wanted it back. Drove back to where I got it, beeping. Gathering the zombies. Think I crashed into one too many things, and the tractor "blew up", killing me. Poor bastard is down one tractor, and surrounded by a 20-30 zombies :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/DqRbwGVa85Y

Fuck 'em; I'm sick of crawling along for hours, only to be killed by a bandit, a fence (?) or moar zombies. Now, my objective is to get a zombie train, and lead them to survivors :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:58:48 PM by [TiG]the_syco »

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2012, 06:22:45 PM »
Syco that better not be our Tractor!!!

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »
Gerry, you're the human equivalent of a Zombie magnet, I think your aggro range may be infinity.

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »
Syco that better not be our Tractor!!!
Did you leave it in an open field near the beach? If so, you should have hid it better!

Gerry, you're the human equivalent of a Zombie magnet, I think your aggro range may be infinity.
Aye, so it seems. So instead of running away from it, I embrace it :P

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
On Boards last night I was taking pot shots at any players I seen at the NW airfield with the M107, not hitting much but scaring the fuck out of people. Checked the boards DayZ thread and one of them had this to say:

I was on the server, in the NW airfield, hearing someone firing off a .50cal sniper rifle repeatedly. So much so that I figured it must be a scritp-kiddie as rare as the weapon is, the ammo is even more rarer.

So I disconnect, reconnect hours later ...still firing off the .50cal.

Tried to get him twice but he logged both times.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »
Mysterious crates have appeared at the NW airfield in a very LOSTesque fashion. Boru summons me on so I cover him with the .50cal while he loots, I drop the sniper in the tents to make a run as he covers, I almost get there when all hell breaks loose and I get iced, lost all the 107 ammo! Thank fuck I dropped the gun itself in the tents to create loot space.

Anyway, I respawn at Electro, just about to run north when I see something lying on the beach, I go and Scooby-Do it and WTF!!!1 every automatic weapon under the sun in large quantities as well as fuck-tons of every kind of ammo. I'm now running north with a silenced automatic weapon, new pistol and all the ammo I can carry.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
made the move into get the ammo off kevs body and was near at his body after runnng from bush to bush across the airfeild, when i hear 4 shots from a  silenced weapon hitting me  , i managed to take cover round the side of the control tower and was able to bandage and eat , entered the control tower closing the doors behind me and camped the doors for a while and then made my way to the top but no1 was in it,

my heart was beating like mad its so funny lol, was walking along the top of the tower without getting shot so i thought he had moved on or was just watching me i was trying to use 3rd person to see below me as i could hear sumthng, went down the side ladder and started to look the weapon creates, when i was talking to kev and jim i heard sumone drinking!! wtf!!!  i sneaked my way back to kevs body and as i turned the corner  that guy was looting kevs body so i emptyed a full clip into him , ( the silenced m4 takes near a whole clip to kill sum1) at very close range (or else it was lag)

got a ir scope and lazer range finder as well as satchel charges lol, its abit to risky going by urself we need 2-3 people like normal.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:41:38 PM by [TiG]ABE »

[TiG]JimeatsLans

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »
Lads, don't go near the crates. They have tons of weapons that aren't in the game.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons if it's not on that list you shouldn't be able to get it and you'll probably get banned.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
New patch is horrific -

Changelog:
* [FIXED]   Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
* [FIXED]   Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
* [FIXED]   No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
* [FIXED]   "No Speaker..." debug report spam
* [FIXED]   Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
* [FIXED]   Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
* [FIXED]   General Server Script Errors (big thanks to Dwarden for fixing these!)
* [FIXED]   Loot/Infected spawning time delay desync'ing with server
* [NEW]    Infected can't attack through walls
* [NEW]    Infected can't see through objects any more
* [NEW]    Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW]    Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW]    Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
* [NEW]    You can hide from an infected chasing you
* [NEW]    Optimized server cleanup routine
* [NEW]    Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)
* [NEW]    Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before
* [NEW]    30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table
* [NEW]    More infected attack animations
* [NEW]    More infected feeding animations
* [NEW]    Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation
* [NEW]    Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)
* [NEW]    Humanity GUI indicator removed
* [NEW]    New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)
* [NEW]    Initial version of double-barreled shotgun added (by Artyom)
* [FIXED]   CZ550 spawning far too often in farms
* [FIXED]   Winchester decreased spawnrate (% given to double barrel shotty)
* [NEW]    Recombine shotgun rounds between 2 and 8 rounds
* [NEW]    Recombine 45ACP rounds between M1911 and Revolver rounds
* [FIXED]   Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)
* [FIXED]   Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)
* [NEW]    DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »
Ohh, and apparently Zeds spawn faster than you can kill them now. \o/

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2012, 11:59:24 AM »
There's some talk there on boards about the spawn rate of zeds being off the scale:

News from Rocket
The loot and zombie spawn timer isn't working, hence the FPS issues for some people and the billions of zombies. I tried a new mechanism for this update, it works with small numbers of players but stops with large numbers.
Likely be a hotfix, not within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours

thinking I might not login for a couple of days!

TinyPortal © 2005-2017