Author Topic: Valve and Nintendo helped bring Divinity: Original Sin 2 to Switch  (Read 3622 times)

[TiG]Betty

Valve and Nintendo helped bring Divinity: Original Sin 2 to Switch
« on: September 24, 2019, 06:33:21 AM »
Valve and Nintendo helped bring Divinity: Original Sin 2 to Switch

As much as I love my Nintendo Switch, it’s safe to say that it has some technical limitations when compared to my PC. So earlier this month, when Larian announced that it was bringing its massive RPG, Divinity: Original Sin 2, to the platform, I was a little sceptical.
Thankfully, however, it seems as though the company has had plenty of help in bringing the new version of the game to life, most notably from the people behind the platforms themselves. In an interview with PCGN, Javier Moya, software engineer at port developer Blitworks, said that their team “had support from Nintendo and Steam, who helped us with any technical problems that we faced.”
Those problems ranged from syncing up the game’s cross-save capabilities, to getting Steam logins working on the Switch’s web-view, but that’s far from an exhaustive list of the challenges faced. Moya also says that “one of the biggest challenges was to make the cross-save as transparent as possible for the players.”

View the full site

RELATED LINKS: Divinity: Original Sin 2 PC review, Divinity: Original Sin 2 builds, Divinity: Original Sin 2 PvP

Source: Valve and Nintendo helped bring Divinity: Original Sin 2 to Switch

TinyPortal © 2005-2017