Author Topic: DayZ Stories  (Read 2546 times)

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
DayZ Stories
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
Thought this one was great :

Chernarus Line-of-site Telegraph
Or L.O.S.T =P

This started out last night while I was out trading, we had agreed to use torches to signal each other (probably not the smartest of ideas!) and were just using it for locating each other.

Afterwards I started messing around with some friends on Skype using our torches and Morse Code. It was very messy but a good laugh and actually worked, just tapping L to send out messages.

With four of us in a line across various hilltops we managed to send a few messages back and forth, though like Chinese whispers what arrived at the other end was sometimes a complete perversion (by some of the colourful words that found their way in I often think intentionally!) of the intended message.

I then wondered, if the chat feature is destined for removal, then would a mass chain of Morse Stations actually work? I know that by flashing a light you instantly show everyone where you are so your life expectancy shrinks dramatically... but this is DayZ and no matter how careful you are death really isn't easy to stay away from (one reason why I love the mod).

Also.. I realize that asking players to learn Morse Code is a bit of a tall order!

This isn't a suggestion, just me recounting what me and some friends got up to and wondering how others look to communicate if/when side chat is lost (apart from Steam/Skype/Mumble/Team SPeak etc...)

I'll trade you for it...

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:17:47 PM by [TiG]ABE »

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
Re: DayZ Stories
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
Also.. I realize that asking players to learn Morse Code is a bit of a tall order!
Can see it already;
Person 1: .- .-. .  -.-- --- ..-  ..-. .-. .. . -. -.. .-.. -.--
(are you friendly)
Person 2: bang bang, muthaf?cker :P

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »
Some great ones :

A friend and I were searching through the fire station in the northern outskirts of Elektro, but we didn't find anything good.

But we decided to wait to see if anyone would show up (to take their stuff of course ), with me climbing up the giant smoke stack to get a better view of the area.

Then after a minute I notice a guy behind the north wall throwing flares, and smoke grenades all along the area near the main road. It looked like he was trying to signal someone, so I waited to see if something was going to happen.

Sure enough I hear a car approaching from the north, with 3 heavily armed guys inside. With my heart pumping I lined up my CZ, and as the car came to a stop I opened fire on the front passenger seat. What happened next was pure mayhem.

I took out front passenger, but the driver tried to bail. I lined up my shot again, and killed him before he was able to drive off. At the same time the two other guys (the one who got out of the backseat, and the one they were going to pick up) were panicking and firing at the zombies that they accidentally aggroed.

The poor sap who got out of the backseat tried to get into the car to drive off, but accidentally got into the back again; I took another shot and 3rd one down. The last guy was bleeding bad and went to the small patch of woods to the west of the road to bandage himself. I lined up again but...click...I ran out of ammo. Thankfully I still had some ammo left in my sidearm, so I switched to my g17 to finish him off.

Unfortunately all that shooting also attracted a shit ton of zombies to my location, and they climbed up the smoke stack to give me a big hug. Next thing I know I am getting mauled, breaking my legs, and falling off the side of the smoke stack to my death...

As I was running back after my respawn, my friend took their car, and a found some AKs, along with a AKS on the main guy in the back seat. However as I got there to loot their bodies the server just stopped responding . Utter bullshit lol.

It reset for some odd reason, and when we logged back in it was pitch black. Luckily the car was still there, and did have headlights, so we decided to go for a joyride. However along the way I just HAD to smack into a small barricade, while speeding through Elektro, and got both of us killed in the process.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted lol .

And this evil escapade!

Yesterday, 6 friends and I set up a small camp outside of Zelenogorsk. The camp consisted of a barn, 2 camp fires, a shed that we filled with cans of food and water that we collected for a while, and the whole camp was wired off with a bunch of fencing.

We then proceeded to invite every player in the (full) server to our camp. We told them there was plenty of food, water, blood packs, etc. The first few people to show up were bandits but it was only 2 and we killed them fairly quick. Later, 2 players who said they had nothing to lose came to the camp. We gave them food, water and cooked meat since one of them was low on blood. They gave the all clear to the other players who were suspicious of us and before we knew it, we had a little over 10 PEOPLE inside our camp.

We let them all eat, traded a few stories, got along really well. We told them we were going to head NW to go get more food for everyone and they could stay back and chill, we would let them know if we needed help. The seven of us exited the camp, fenced it back off with everyone inside, we then surrounded the camp, and opened fire.

During the first few shots everyone was so confused they didn't know what was going on. Then they started seeing other players sitting around the camp falling over dead. After about 3 kills, the remaining 7 to 9 players began running around like chickens without heads looking for a way past the razor wire.

There was no escape.

Finally it was down to two "detainees" who hid in the upper level of the barn. They were in cover, ready to shoot at us if we entered. We didnt really know what to do from here as we couldn't get any closer. We ended up throwing every flare, glow stick, and smoke grenade into the barn. They both panicked and ran out of the barn through both exits where they were killed simultaneously.

These deaths were over pretty much nothing. These were all either new players or players that had just restarted after death. We weren't really looking for anything special to come from this. We didn't want loot or anything, it was just an experiment to see how easily people can be manipulated based on false hope.

And that is the worst thing I've ever done in any game.

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
that second one is excellent!

[TiG]Boru

• Should be a better title
  • I like pie
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 01:32:52 PM »
I'v just seen 2 guys drive a car around the control tower and into the fires station.They  jumped out and while one looted the place the other shot all the zombies
they had pulled. I was in the "grim sniper spot" with a CZ550. I got a few shots off on one of them in the fire station tower but no kills. They made it out  and
drove North out of the airfield. I'd love to find there camping spot

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
we needa track that camp down lol,
funny enough they raided the nw airfield yday around the same time. but they left south of the airfield in a green jeep.

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
I have an idea they are somewhere on the map.  I'd start up there tbh, but not too far north.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:41:23 PM by [TiG]Fairy »

TinyPortal © 2005-2017