Author Topic: BF2 - n00b needs help...  (Read 1075 times)

ptegan

• Getting Known
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« on: June 20, 2005, 09:19:34 AM »
I reckon that I've played the demo about 4 or 5 times now, each time for a couple of hours on the TiG server.

My problem is that I'm a little lost in the game. I just seem to walk around for ages looking for someone to shoot at when a plane drops a load of bombs on me and it starts all over again. I keep on getting the feeling that there's great action happening somewhere on the map, just not where I am....ever :)

Is it because I'm not on TS or is it just me?

Also, I can't figure out what class to stick with. I've always been a medic on ET but if I raraly find other players to heal there's no point. I like Anti-tank but its gun isn't all that powerful.

What would you suggest the best n00b profile whould be?

[TiG]Mantra

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 09:37:10 AM »
(Sorry for the long reply)
Look at the map when spawning, and also keep an eye on the minimap for your sides troups I use that  a lot to decide where to go.

Also joining a squad lets a squad leader point you in the place to go, and I find squad play far more enjoyable.

As for classes, I tried medic for a while and found the same issue, I think in certin areas of the map its just a pain to find the corpses, but apart from that people appreciate healing, just not everyone is used to their being a medic and tend to run away even with no health while your standing their going I CAN HEAL :)

The Anti-Tank is actually quite powerfull but its no one shot killer, I 2 teamed with another Anti-Tank and found that very effective. Also depends where you are, Anti Tank on the roof of the hotel, shooting down onto the top of incoming tanks can be quite deadly. Anti-Tank units need to be sneaky and fire from well hidden positions (or downwards) which gives them time as the tank driver looks for them. (shooting at them when the turret isint facing them helps, which is one reason 2 teaming worked well)

I personally have found I prefer the special forces,  due to their usefullness in taking out enemy guns and vehicles, though the running up to tanks to place 2 c4s (insta kill) on the tank can be hard, and quite often have decided to blow up the charges early because they have started hitting me, so I take them out and me.

Not sure any of what I have writen helps but hope it helps a little.

ptegan

• Getting Known
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 10:22:59 AM »
Actually it does help :)

I must admit that the first time I joined a squad I loved actually been told where to go and what to attack. It was the team-play element that I was missing in other MP games.

I too gave up when people I could see had no health kept on running away from me :)  Is it difficult for others to know that there's a medic amoungst them?

Wtf? You run up to tanks to take them out with C4?

hahahaha....you have much bigger balls than I do :)

petes25

BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 10:44:54 AM »
Yep the c4 works well if you a sly enough. Most of the time as mantra said I end up taking out tank and me because they have spotted me. But there is a smug element if you manage to pull it off. Ive even taqken out a helicopter with 3 people in it using c4. Was at the back of it, placed 3 c4 and let them fly off then BOOM. Was great.

tig|Bosco

• Should be a better title
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 11:30:37 AM »
With regard to people running away when you're trying to heal them, if you throw a health pack on the ground nearby players will hear you shout 'Get first aid here'.  If they keep running away after hearing that they deserve to die ;)

ptegan

• Getting Known
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 12:05:44 PM »
Cheers for the help :)

Let me put it another way. If you were an SF off to blow up something, what class of player would you most like by your side to get the mission done?

[TiG]valen

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
  • Just chillin
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 12:11:11 PM »
Quote from: ptegan
Cheers for the help :)

Let me put it another way. If you were an SF off to blow up something, what class of player would you most like by your side to get the mission done?

Well, Alex Maskey can handle himself. So yeah, I would pick him. With big Ian keeping a dick out as sniper.  :lol:

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »
if you want action and are on teh same server as Valen, just follow him around...he seems to attract enemy fire no matter where he goes.

Dealt

• Getting Known
  • takes.
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 12:43:25 PM »
lol nothing more gratifying then taking out a t90 with c4 while its camping your flag.  I prefer the straight down rifleman with single shot, accuracy and power.. although kinda helpless when it comes to armour - I like to pop off a few from the G launcher just to be cheeky ;)

{Comrade}Macgyver

BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 01:56:43 PM »
i always play engineer or support because i always seen to run around a corner and run into the enemy so its better to have a big gun  :D
the engineer is ok the shotgun isn't worth much at all but the mines are the best for laying on hills and ramps that armout have to use to get to flags. and to have an engineer in an apc/blackhawk with the rest of the squad is always handy along with support gunner and medic.
can't wait to play the new maps as china

[TiG]valen

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
  • Just chillin
BF2 - n00b needs help...
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 02:29:27 PM »
Quote from: [TiG] Karma
if you want action and are on teh same server as Valen, just follow him around...he seems to attract enemy fire no matter where he goes.

You noticed that? Thought I was being paranoid.

TinyPortal © 2005-2017