Author Topic: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - PC Beta News  (Read 7012 times)

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - PC Beta News
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »
cheers syco got mine :D will be downloading now will install when i get home 2mo
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:13:59 PM by [TiG]ABE »

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 07:13:28 PM »
link not working syco
Press F5. Fucking lots of times :P Took me half an hour of pressing F5 to get the page up :D

[GiT]Hellrazer

• TiG Member
  • Should be a better title
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »
http://downloads.hypernia.com/index.php?section=section4&path=/Betas/Bad-Company-2

Fast (er ) link.Thanks to the lads on boards.

300k / sec here.

Edit scrap that 5k sec.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
overall size of the game?
never mind
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:44:53 PM by [TiG]ABE »

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life

[TiG]Grim

• Global Moderator
  • Needs a life
  • WaW
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 04:50:01 AM »
Got the mouse bug sorted and played about 5 rounds on mpuk server and have to say i really enjoyed it. funnest mp game Ive played in a while

Although i was sniping... found the other weapons a bit odd but after playing cod for the last 3 years it will take time to get used to different weapons and proper recoil again
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:51:42 AM by [TiG]Grim »

[TiG]Molc

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • http://molc.nonado.net
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 09:05:13 AM »
Have it down (overnight dl) so should be on tonight for a few rounds.

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »
Had a few games this morning and though still somewhat buggy in the UI the game itself is pretty damn good.  Had some decent rounds and came out on top on a few.   The squad system will be great when playing together, mix up the classes and its steam roller time.  Tanks are very strong, however not unstoppable.  The ability to take out sections of a building is pretty damn cool, and will change the game as players start to use it to their advantage rather than just for giggles.

Prone would have been great, however isnt really missed imo.  The classes are not far off being perfect, though giving the main inf class ammo abilities will make them very strong.  Sniping is going to be important in the game, once you get the bullet drop right, and to get a kill like this from across the map is satisfying.  The kill cam is good as well.  It shows you who killed you but doesnt really give away their location too much, if its a close quarter kill you get to seem the person who killed you teabag you from above this time!  I didnt pick up that there is a melee button until this morning, however had great fun killing a whole squad with the knife when I got behind them. 

The Rush mode also adds a lot to the game in that it concentrates the game play to a small section of the map.  Players are starting to defend and attack around the objectives and it makes for some very fast game play.  Hopefully the lag and server issues will be sorted tonight.  In all I am well pleased with the game.  Its like BF2 in its early days with a bit of 2142 and COD thrown in.  Its a real pity we cant get our hands on server files and run a server ourselves.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »
It's the assault class that has the ammo Derm, not sure if it will actually be OP though as it is fairly slow to rearm, you have to sit beside it for a time to get topped up, seems reasonably balanced.

Love the destructible environment, was running round the map and through some trees and came upon a concrete wall, no problem, noob tube a hole in it and a couple of us popped through.

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 01:20:04 PM »
I put a single sniper shot through a tree trunk last night and the whole tree came down...  TIMBERRRRR!

The game is a machine lagfest for me, even with all the UI menu options turned low or off.

Upgrade required... time to check the savings account...

[TiG]Molc

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • http://molc.nonado.net
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »
waiting on a new i5 and mobo right now - About 350 with ram from Komplett. Alas An Post have cocked up and the package is currently in limbo somewher in Dublin :( Think I'll just pick it up myself in future.

[GiT]Hellrazer

• TiG Member
  • Should be a better title
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:49 PM »
I put a single sniper shot through a tree trunk last night and the whole tree came down...  TIMBERRRRR!

The game is a machine lagfest for me, even with all the UI menu options turned low or off.

Upgrade required... time to check the savings account...

Tony--Seems to be a way to force dx9.It might help you out a bit

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/375873.page

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 04:32:34 PM »
n1 Richie, that actually did help, still needs moar cowbell though...gonna scan that whole thread for performance tips.

[TiG]Grim

• Global Moderator
  • Needs a life
  • WaW
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 05:04:28 PM »
http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2
#   #BFBC2 PC Beta Patch is coming very soon addressing Server Browser crash and other issues. Stay tuned!    about 1 hour ago   from TweetDeck   

TinyPortal © 2005-2017