Author Topic: Ireland V England iracing [video]  (Read 14452 times)

Cully

• Should be a better title
Ireland V England iracing [video]
« on: March 10, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »
Hi chaps, just made this small video of a great race i had last week in the iracing world cup from round 5 at Laguna Seca Raceway.
Its a battle for second place that lasted for the final 29 laps of 31 lap race [video is 5 laps of the race]
Onboard with me in the Formula Mazda series,im the light green while the English guy is infront in british racing green so it was Ireland V England for second place and valuable points up for grabs towards the world cup of nations.
I hosted it on Vimeo as the quality is better than youtube,the vid doesnt do the games visuals any justice but trust me it looks incredible at full res.
Ofcourse iracing itself is a professional simulator so goes without saying the physics are as real as it gets as are the laser scanned tracks.

We hit our first Oval of the season this week at Milwaukee Mile.
Ive made a video of another great race i had there on Sunday if yas wish to see it.

[TiG]Grim

• Global Moderator
  • Needs a life
  • WaW
Re: Ireland V England iracing [video]
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »
very nice mate always liked laguna seca in any game also one of my favorite tracks in the world
pity your man was getting the power down so fast out of the corkscrew or you would have had him

would like to play game like iracing but my concentration level is terrible and i cant do a fast pace for more than 4 or 5 laps before i make a mistake and crash out or into someone 

Cully

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 01:23:49 PM »
Yeah Grim he was a lot faster out of the corksrew.
Its very hard there as you HAVE TO trailbrake to stop the rear end snapping forward.
Then again the whole sim is incredibly tough but thats the attraction for me :)
I finished 3rd which im happy with,your SR [Safety Rating] is a big part of iracing, if you make contact with someone else or go off the track even a few inches you are given incident points against you.
Your SR is the only way to progress up the different classes, im class C now and ready for promotion to class B in 6 weeks.
You then have Irating which is how fast you are, this slots you in your division for the series im only division 8 of 12 divisions but i reckon my current iRating will get me to division 5 or 6 next season [each season lasts 12 weeks]
You usually end up racing guys with similar irating so therefore of similar skill level.

I got to race Dale Earnhardt jr a few weeks back in the nascar series.
Theres quite a few real life professional racers the race regularly.

Theres a few comments about it from some professionals here http://www.iracing.com/testimonials/index.php

I know Juan Pablo Montoya and Jacques Villeneuve are members too, ive never come across them though.
You have to register with your real name as its the name on the credit card you pay your subs with that is your racing and forum name.
Its quite mad seeing posts on the members forums from guys like Dale Earnhardt etc.

Heres some slick videos of iracing in action.

Im subscribing 7 months now and i just cant get enough of it.
Races are schedueled really well.
For example the formula mazda races i race in are every 2 hours at odd hours, 5,7,9,11 pm etc
Then other series are differing times ,the late model is 15 past the hour even hours - 2:15 4:15 etc
Same for other series, its really well done with qualifying sessions in between with open practice servers round the clock.
No Ai in this sim , just mano mano as they say :)

Grim you still have your G25?
Reason i ask is there is no official free trial on iracing.com itself but at the radical sportscar official website you can get a free trial if you wish.
You get a months trial with the basic package [see below ] but you also get the radical sportscar as part of this special offer trial, trust me that thing is awesome.
Heres link to radical site http://www.radicalsportscars.com/racing/virtual-racing your greeted with a nice Radical video of Silverstone in iRacing.

Heres what you get for the months trial along with the radical offer.
Subscription Packages

One-month, Three-month, Six-month and Yearly packages are available. Packages include all cars and tracks necessary to compete in the Rookie and Advanced Rookie Oval series and the Rookie and Advanced Rookie Road Racing series. All packages also include an iRacing credit of up to $60 (depending on length of subscription) that can be used at your next renewal, or at any time towards the purchase of additional cars and tracks.

Cars
Pontiac Solstice
Legends

Tracks
Lanier National Speedway
Lime Rock Park
Oxford Plains Speedway
Summit Point Raceway
South Boston Speedway
Lowe's Motor Speedway
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »
Reminds me to download Flatout 2.  I'm like Grim, I get bored a few laps in, would rather crash into people, especially Lucutus as he passes me.  I use the trademark Fairy Nudge to Rear Indicator.

Cully

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 02:56:11 PM »
LOL Fairy :)
Road Rash FTW :)

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »
Sold.  He was driving very defensively in that vid though.  Even brake testing you a couple of times! 

Throw up your other vids till I have a look see.

The stamina of concentration level required to drive 30 laps without making many (bad) mistakes is a big attraction to me with driving games.  Love shaving seconds off laptimes etc.

Fairy, that nudge to rear right indicator is a curse you bast.  Even worse is your girly giggle over TS when you do it.

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »
My sniggering starts about 30 seconds before the incident.  Once the plan comes into my mind the sniggering starts.

Cully

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:30 PM »
Sold.  He was driving very defensively in that vid though.  Even brake testing you a couple of times! 

Throw up your other vids till I have a look see.

The stamina of concentration level required to drive 30 laps without making many (bad) mistakes is a big attraction to me with driving games.  Love shaving seconds off laptimes etc.

Fairy, that nudge to rear right indicator is a curse you bast.  Even worse is your girly giggle over TS when you do it.

Heres 2 really close battles at this weeks formula mazda track which is Milwaukee Mile, the first oval of the seaon for these cars.
First one is the last 5 laps or so of a 75 lap race,i battled this guy for 2nd place for the whole race.
We had 3 cautions and safety car deployed for the cautions.
The last few laps we went 2 wide for full laps.
Incredibly intense and insane fun i must admit

Next up is a very close race riding onboard with me for some laps as i was stuck on this guys gear box for
75 lap race overtaking eachother quite a bit.
I did manage to get past after i pressured him into a mistake with 4 laps to go [well maybe he just made a mistake but i like to think otherwise :) ]and managed to finish 4th place.
Bare in mind that this guy races for the Florida club so appreciate the amazing netcode.
The guy in the vid above i was racing races for club Iberia [Spain and Portugal]

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:17:35 PM by Cully »

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »
Milwaukee reminds me of Talledega Nights.

Shake and Bake Baby!

Where's the vids of you overtaking people instead of sucking down their exhaust fumes? :D

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
signed up for the trial, still waiting for a code.

[TiG]Molc

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • http://molc.nonado.net
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 09:22:30 AM »
Yeah going to do the same. Looks like my sorta game!

Cully

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
Here ya go Lucutus.

I started from pole made a rookie mistake  and took turn 2 too hard on cold tyres,cold tyres on rumble strip on such a tight uphill and offcamber turn is suicide.
I managed to keep it away from the barriers and rejoined to win the race.
Unfortunately i thought i had full reply but i dont,i have the first few laps of the race,some overtaking as i get down to business and work my way back up the field.
The race is at Infineon Raceway 3 weeks ago.

Heres another but onboard the Skip Barber car, its the class D car.
This race was 18 laps of swapping positions with this guy as we chase 6 th place.
Both of us got taken out on lap one after a big pile up.
We raced out of the pits after the crach all the way to the finish like this, actaully forgot i recorded this replay.
NOTE the steering inputs are all wrong for some reason and the dials aint working, ive heard there can be a bug like this with some replays.

I might add a few more later on, i think i have some of the other class C car the radical, i definitely have a good one of a win i had at Lime rock park in the mazda.
ill root it out and ad the best bits to a vid.

Heres some footage of my first win of the seaon in the mazda, i cant make a vid of full race so i just added the best bit of the race for me.
At the end of this clip i manage to pass 1st and 2nd place along the main straight approaching T1, i went through the middle of them and namaged to make the pass stick despite the bumps leading into T1.
This pass was wiyth 7 or so laps to go , i managed to pull away and win,its a memorable race for me as it was my first win of 09.

Word of advice if you get the trial guys, iracing is like no other, im simracing over 12 years now.
Ive played them all and nothing is as real as this thing, real world physics added to laser scanned tracks and road surfaces amount to a very very hard racing sim.

Also if you decide to subscribe after the month trial, the content i listed above is your starter pack, everything after that you pay for.
Every track and car for whatever series you want to run you pay for.
I admit to paying over 300 euros on content.
It is expensive but for any motorsports enthusiast its moneywell spent on a hobby.

Watch this preview of iracing, its from last year so you got to trust me when i say its been updated so much since this then.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:44:55 AM by Cully »

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »
More like it!  Nasty mistake alright, you'd imagine you could just bounce over that!

Like the way yer man just lets you past at the end of the vid, n1!

Will this run on an 8800GS and a P4 3.2Ghz, 2GB RAM?  Still waiting on a code from that site above...

Cully

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
Yes it will run, the sim is very very scaleable.
Im using an 8800 GTS with quad core and 4 gig ram, im running at 1920X 1080 16Xaa 4X FSAA all maxed out except full shadows under cars and im getting 80-200 fps at those settings.
I turn off these particular shadows because with some races there are 30 other cars and it get a bit stuttery with all them cars and max shadows on my card, anything below 15 or so cars i can run max shadows,I might buy a new card soon.

The whole thing is auto configured for you, you will be well impressed with the presentation etc.
I havent even mentioned your stats etc, just watch the video above.

Do you guys have a wheel and pedal setup?
A pad just wont cut it here.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:02:14 PM by Cully »

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:18 PM »
great, will give the trial thing a run once the code comes in and see how it goes.  Good reason to dust off the G25.

TinyPortal © 2005-2017