Author Topic: stupid drivers punishing you for TK  (Read 1857 times)

Shenlong

stupid drivers punishing you for TK
« on: July 01, 2005, 08:44:31 PM »
why is it that some people blame you for thier bad driving, i usually go enginer and as part of my job i lay mines...
well i thought the nice big red skull and cross bones were very helpfull in showing tthem to others in your team so no problems, aslo we are kind enough to get big red flashy thing on the side of our screen  but some people ignore these warnings as if they are some how invincable.......
.....apparently not. and then when they drive over the nittle traps i have laided then i get a nice big punishment for TKing. no0t my fault they can't drive.
and i even got three punishments cause one guy in a full jeep drove over them and all my other comerades in arms took it to punish me.

why can't they punish him for his crappy driving. if i hit a mine they i take full responsability and do not punish.
maybe some people should do the same.

[TiG]jalls

• Should be a better title
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »
who are you? :D

[TiG]Devil_Monkey

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 08:48:22 PM »
While you o have to consider allowing access for your team to come and go, there's just no accounting for muppets blaming you for their mistake.

[TiG]Shano

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 08:49:04 PM »
Quote from: [TiG] Jally
who are you? :D
ARE U BLIND? he is shenlong  :roll:

Shenlong

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 09:44:46 PM »
yeah im know there's no accoounting for them blaming me for thier mistake but still it gets up my nose. three times this week i have been kicked due to twats like that and then there was some fool who drove into the back of my tank and died and blamed me?????
totaly nuebs.

Popa

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 04:16:13 PM »
It seems like everyone punishes you for TK'ing without any tought. I atleast think before i punish.

[TiG]Devil_Monkey

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 04:50:21 PM »
Yeah, this is emerging now.
TK = punish atm.
Not teamplay in my mind.
They're your teammates adn it was an accident.

[BTC]^IceFury

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 09:26:17 PM »
maybe a good thing would be to change the default to forgive..
so if one doesn't press or just don't have the message poping up (happened to me sometimes :S) then it should not punish :P
just an idea ^_^

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2005, 11:45:12 PM »
it so annoying when people abuse systems like this that our put in place so that u can punish some noob that keeps tking u. Is really annoying, but its a video game so there' going to be loads of kids playing it and obviously aren't mature enough to make the right decision

Shenlong

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 12:23:25 AM »
yeah but when is it the rigth decision.

some times you don't know how you were killed, it just says
"davey (teamkilled) sammy"

so you don't relise that you were shot in the back or if a plane dropped a bomb on your poosition. but people who drive over mines should have thier licences revoked.

you should only get a tking punishment if you shoot some one when there is no 'baddie' within your radar, that pretty much means you are a dick with controlles or a evil git who is just out to cause trouble.

when you drive over a mine you should get a big warning on your screen saying

"WHAT ARE YOU BLIND, DID YOU NOT SEE THAT BIG FUCKING WARNING SYMBOL"

basically don't punish for driving over mines, i know i don't i fell embarresed if some one applogises to me cause i'm that stupid and jit one.

{Comrade}Macgyver

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 08:25:18 PM »
i totally agree i have just about given up being engineer because the MASSIVE FLASHING WARNING SIGN showing you were a mine/c4 and yet people still manage to drive acoss them.

but there are times if your in a tank/car etc and coming over a hill for eg you can't see them, the point of these mines os to stop the enemy coming into the area with tanks etc so i always mine all the entrances but one at the back not a main entrance so my teammates can come and go.

{Comrade}Macgyver

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 01:44:23 PM »
think i'll just go on a bit of a rant here but there are some real stupid people out there, i was playing on the 32 server last night and i got kicked for tking people,
1. i just got into a blackhawk when someone ran into the prob and phunised me
2. i was driving an APC when some tit ran infront of and jumped to get into the apc well of course you can't get into it by the front so he died and phunised me
3. flying a blackhawk of a ship with 3 people when a plane flew into us i got the blame of course
4. the mine thing again........
5. was waiting for a jet when i popped into the hanger i beat another guy to it so he desided to place some c4 on the plane and wouldn't move from in front of it so it was my fault that i ran him down

can we just stop the maddness! fair enough if i shot a guy bombed him but being kicked because someone jumps onto the prop of my chopper is just gay

Shenlong

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 03:06:44 PM »
some people just punish all the time. i have only ever punished once or twice and that is because i forgot to press the button or left the room and it timed out and punished anyway. i generally don't punish cause it effects the score of that player and the team.
NOT TEAM WORK.
Generally i forgive cause i think mistakes happen and thats all it was.
but i'm with you Comrade, if you walk in front of someonne driving then you are gonna get flattened, not drivers fault.

Mr Blond

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 11:02:11 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if BF2 is worth the investment. All I seem to see on these forums now is complaints about TKing or bugs in the game as stacking. It almost seems like you spend more time getting killed by your own team or punished for accidental TKs than you do shooting at the enemy. What's going on?

[TiG]valen

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
  • Just chillin
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 11:13:30 PM »
Its all good m8. Teething problems. I have never had any problems tbh. Except for some ATI driver problems, but nothing serious.

TinyPortal © 2005-2017