Author Topic: HELICOPTERS !  (Read 1036 times)

ptegan

• Getting Known
HELICOPTERS !
« on: June 22, 2005, 11:12:35 AM »
After spending hours in DC trying to fly these things and in the end giving up, I'm pretty happy that it's much easier in BF2.

What I can't do though is land them safely and quickly. If I do manage to touch down it's when I take an age to line it up and go down real slowly but I normally get shot out of the sky before that happens !

Is it possible to land them when coming in at an angle at your landing target?

{Comrade}Macgyver

HELICOPTERS !
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 11:37:06 AM »
yeah it real easy to land the chopper (in bf2) the only problem i have when flying them in other aircraft and the enemy shooting at me and trees/buildins but not all the time  :D
the blackhawk is easier to fly and land because its so god dam slow

[TiG]Mantra

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 02:17:03 PM »
I could never fly anything in DC, but found putting up the sensitivty on my mouse to about 7 on helis worked wonders in BF2.

Landing fast, I found is coming down at an angle, cross hair below horizontal, and decelerating, I tend to aim the cross hair where I want to land and then adjust as I decelerate.

Fast Landing
http://www.e-panaphobia.com/heli1.wmv

Fast Landing On a Building
http://www.e-panaphobia.com/heli2.wmv

Both were first takes, and first time ive used fraps, should be able to see what I mean about the crosshairs. I am far from a competent pilot but hopefully they may help.

ptegan

• Getting Known
HELICOPTERS !
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 02:55:42 PM »
Nice videos !

In the second you seem to be hovering, with torque at 13%. then it shoots up to 20% and you glide in and just 'stick' to the top of the building as though you had a wire like on a carrier to stop you falling of the edge !

[TiG]Mantra

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 03:11:55 PM »
In the second one I had flown over the building slowed to a hover to turn and line up.

In the video I increased speed to gain the height to get over the lip and then decelerated, slowly raising the nose as I did.

Promise you no wires :p

{Comrade}Macgyver

HELICOPTERS !
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »
yeah nice landings
i tend to do the same aim the crosshair at the point were i'm landing and decrese the power then when about to land pull back and level her out

only don't ask me any thing about flying a plane cause i'm shit and landing ha i just jump out its only a 100 million dollar plane

what program did you use to record that footage?

[TiG]Mantra

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 05:39:27 PM »
I used fraps to record the footage, though it kills the fps to about 45 from 70+ when recording.

As for plans I have figured out how to reload easy on some omah, but landing is beyond me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2017