Author Topic: teamspeak  (Read 2741 times)

wideband

teamspeak
« on: August 25, 2004, 12:20:45 PM »
Hi,

any one notice when installing teamspeak...the AV program picks up on a trogan....is this normal and should i switch of my AV when installing an allow it??

thanks

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
teamspeak
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 12:33:09 PM »
never happed to me i dnt think.

were did u download it mate.

try and download it again form the main website.

wideband

teamspeak
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:59:18 PM »
Hi

im nearly sure i downloaded it from a soldners clan site...lill try the official site

ill let u know
thanks

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
teamspeak
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 02:18:34 PM »
yeah download it from the official site cuz that sounds well dodgy

wideband

teamspeak
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 11:45:55 AM »
Hi all,

right i have reinstalled TS from the official site and need to set it up....can you help us out with the shortcut commands

Thanks

[TiG]Chunks

• Should be a better title
teamspeak
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 11:58:01 AM »
pm me with your exact probs and i'll help you out.  Actually if you have msn messenger put me in as a contact and i can walk you through it.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
teamspeak
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 12:16:37 PM »
i have this, just delete it as if it were a virus, when you try to start ts you will get a 'could not find keylogger' msg or somethin, just ok it and ts works fine

[TiG]Winters

• Honorary Member
  • Needs a life
    • Winters @ RedBrick
teamspeak
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 12:26:41 PM »
Teamspeak has had a problem with some antivirus programs, take a look at this from their website:

Background
As of about a week ago, many users within the Teamspeak community informed us of a possible virus issue -- specifically with the "keypress.dll" file which is installed by the Teamspeak client.

The Problem
Since we were informed of this issue the Teamspeak Team has been heavily involved in trying to determine the accuracy of this claim. After rigorous internal testing and numerous phone calls into all of the major antivirus companies including Symantec (Norton Antivirus), Network Associates (McAfee), and Trend Micro, NONE of these companies can verify NOR deny that a virus actually exists in "keypress.dll".

To the best of our collective knowledge, it is so far more likely that this is a "false positive" -- meaning that the antivirus application is finding
data in keypress.dll that LOOKS like the same sort of data found in an infected file containing the Trojan "PWS-Wexd" (virus)...even though the file is most likely not infected at all.

If you are still truly concerned that this may actually be a virus, please try visiting the following link:
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defa...&virus_k=100476
This URL contains detailed information on the PWS-Wexd Trojan, including a section on "indications of infection" -- which we have meticulously verified so far do NOT exist on anyone's supposed infected computer.

The Solution
At this time we have put together a new Teamspeak client installation executable which you may download from:
ftp download

Simply shutdown your Teamspeak client if it is running and re-install Teamspeak using this executable right on top of your existing installation and the problem should go away. It is NOT necessary to first uninstall your existing Teamspeak client and you will also NOT lose your current Address Book and other client settings.

Summary
It is our every intent to resolve matters such as these in a timely manner...and with as much information to validate a working solution as possible. We want to thank you for your patience as we work through this issue.

Please visit the following forum thread for further information and discussion:
http://forum.goteamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=14466

- The TeamSpeak Team

If you want to see how to connect to a TS channel, for example Viet-Navans take a look at this flash animation. Or if you want to know how to set it up for easier use take a look at this one

wideband

teamspeak
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 12:50:04 PM »
Winters....you are the man!!

that info is tops and should get me connected....id still like to test it with Chunks though (if he is available this evening)

See yaz

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
teamspeak
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 04:44:56 PM »
nice one winty. I was getting that error thing that came on too but i didn't really think much of it and just clicked ok. cool thats theres a fix now, nice one :)

wideband

teamspeak
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 10:27:49 AM »
Hi Winters,

Just some feed back....i downloaded and installed the alternative .exe file to counter the virus alert/deletion....TS works fine now.

Thanks

maxjam1976

Mic wont work!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 07:11:21 PM »
Just bought headphones with mic attached, i can get sound out of them but i cant get mic to record anything i say.

Ive a dell 8400 with creative audigy 2... anyone got one? how did you set up???

cheers :shock:

PJ=

teamspeak
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 07:22:23 PM »
Try making sure that in your sound settings, you have headphone / headset selected and make sure it's plugged in the correct ports on your soundcard.

maxjam1976

teamspeak
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 10:54:45 PM »
thats the problem, there are so many ports i dunno which ones to plug into!

tig|Bosco

• Should be a better title
teamspeak
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 05:31:36 PM »
The mic socket is pink and the headphone socket is green.

TinyPortal © 2005-2017