Author Topic: Applying To Join Clan  (Read 1710 times)

mackman17

• Should be a better title
Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 10:12:37 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous
Valen, the reason I made the statement I did, was becaue you are telling someone they can't join you're clan, simply because they are 1 year too young. So long as they don't type like a tard, and can play well, does it matter how old they are. You don't seem to mind having Jally in your clan, and he's under 18. You probably have other members under 18, who also make good members of the clan, so whats the deal with one guy being honest. Let's face it, had he lied and said he was over 18, he'd have made you look like a smart arse with your "we don't recruit under 18's", because you wouldn't have known, and I wouldn't mind guessing you have/or will get people who you'll recruit who lie about their age. If that's the kind of system you use, one that stops good, honest players from playing, then I think it sucks, and I hope your clan ends up getting trashed by many other clans.

http://www.theirishguard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1841

within this post line 3 it says 16+ and that was recent i think.

mackman17

• Should be a better title
Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 10:17:13 PM »
Quote from: [TiG] Jally
doesnt matter,Shan doesnt even have the game.

lol yes true but im sure dan mccrossan will have it by the end of the weekend or summit.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 10:23:22 PM »
Valen, the reason I made the statement I did, was becaue you are telling someone they can't join you're clan, simply because they are 1 year too young. So long as they don't type like a tard, and can play well, does it matter how old they are. You don't seem to mind having Jally in your clan, and he's under 18. You probably have other members under 18, who also make good members of the clan, so whats the deal with one guy being honest. Let's face it, had he lied and said he was over 18, he'd have made you look like a smart arse with your "we don't recruit under 18's", because you wouldn't have known, and I wouldn't mind guessing you have/or will get people who you'll recruit who lie about their age. If that's the kind of system you use, one that stops good, honest players from playing, then I think it sucks, and I hope your clan ends up getting trashed by many other clans.

while we do have a minimum age, if a player is mature enough, dedicated and good craic, exceptions can be made. The rule is there for that very reason, we are not a group of teenagers and dont enjoy disruptive childish behaviour. Many other clans have very strict age limits, if its a crusade you want maybe you should start with those clans first.

[TiG]valen

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
  • Just chillin
Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 08:24:22 AM »

Yes we do sometimes make exceptions to the rule based on maturity and attitude. But lets look at your last comment. "and I hope your clan ends up getting trashed by many other clans". That is an immature comment and one of the reasons we don't like younger players. You have proved our point and let yourself down.

Anonymous

Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 08:33:03 AM »
And calling someone a smart arse isn't immature, especially when they were making an honest comment?

[TiG]valen

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
  • Just chillin
Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 08:45:17 AM »
Well, you were trying to be a smart arse. Did you think we did not know some other members were under 18? And did you think we would kick them?

You were told you can't join due to your age. Other members age's do not not concern you. You were more than welcome to hang around on our TS and servers. You might have been recommended, but you really have shot yourself in the foot.

My god!You would think this was personal!!

Anonymous

Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 10:15:23 AM »
Hey, I'm not making anything personal, but you're discriminating against someone because of age, and another forum member shows that you got the minimum age requirement wrong anyway. As for you saying I was being immature with the getting trashed comment, I wasn't, I just have a great belief that people who discriminate get their comeuppance, and for a gaming clan, the best opportunity for that is in a match.

[TiG]valen

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
  • Just chillin
Applying To Join Clan
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 11:02:11 AM »
This will be my last comment regarding this.

We have an age limit due to problems in the past.

1. Younger members being unable to commit to the clan due to homework and bedtime.

2. Immaturity.

3. Our forum content being of adult nature.

3. Misuse of TeamSpeak.

4. General NooB'ish behaviour.

5. Constantly refusing to follow orders due to the 'Rambo syndrome'.

Is that clear?

Furthermore, members under 18 have been with the clan before the new rules. If they present any of the above traits, they will be kicked, as will any team member.

Come back when your 18.

Many thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2017