Author Topic: New laptop help  (Read 1075 times)

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
New laptop help
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »
Am on the look for a new laptop for uni and not sure about the new cpu's about atm

looking for something that can work with photo editing , dreamweaver  at the same time.and some small bits of video editing. also light weight dnt mind about screen size either tbh. the cheaper the better. :|

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
Re: New laptop help
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 02:32:01 PM »
Should be lots out there at the moment.  We have a few Dell XPS's at the moment, two 15" and one 17" and they are pretty damn good machines, not sure if they are in your price range though but do look at them.

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 11:27:01 PM »
ya we have an XPS in the house here too and its pretty nice piece of kit.

[TiG]Nietzschean

• TiG Member
  • Moving Up In Life
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »
unless you really need a laptop don't get one....

and if your doing dreamweaver/photoediting you are going to get fed up pretty quick with a small screen....

i'd do as dermo said if you wanna go laptop...but those are mostly portable pc's if you get one quite powerful....

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:51:15 PM »
unless you really need a laptop don't get one....

and if your doing dreamweaver/photoediting you are going to get fed up pretty quick with a small screen....

i'd do as dermo said if you wanna go laptop...but those are mostly portable pc's if you get one quite powerful....
Agreed. Also, get an external screen, if you do get one with a small screen, as photoediting needs @ least a 19" screen.

Finally, ensure the laptop can take at least 4GB's of RAM, if you plan on doing video editing...

TinyPortal © 2005-2017