Author Topic: Demo performance  (Read 826 times)

acei

Demo performance
« on: July 04, 2005, 10:53:28 AM »
Been playin' the demo for this past week and luv it.  Seems to run ok on my system (P4 2GHZ 768mb Ram, connect3d Radeon 9500 Pro) at slightly below Medium Graphics which I was pretty shocked at.

Was wondering if the full game runs any slower than the demo. Or, giving that the demo run ok on my system, is it fair to assume that the Full game will.

Darkireland

• Should be a better title
Demo performance
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 11:05:45 AM »
my 2600xp 1 gig 9800pro system can only play it on low with 60fps medium or higher = slow fps 30-20

ptegan

• Getting Known
Demo performance
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 11:06:23 AM »
AFAIK, there is no real difference between the demo and the full retail version.

It really is a demo of the full version and not a beta of any kind so it should be fine, but it's worth setting it to medium and then playing around with other settings to see if it makes it look better but keeping the playability.

In the console (tilde button) you can enter commands that tell you how the game is doing with your gfx settings.

Console.showfps 1/0 (When enabled shows your current Frames Per Second (FPS) in the top left corner of the screen)
Console.showstats 1/0 (When enabled shows a range of system performance information)

tig|Bosco

• Should be a better title
Demo performance
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 11:34:12 AM »
The demo does perform exactly like the full game though you probably won't be able to play on all servers with those settings.  An intense battle on a 64-player urban map (loads of players and effects on screen at once) will demand more from your machine than anything the demo can throw at it.

acei

Demo performance
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 11:00:12 PM »
Yippee, good enough for me. Will purchase a copy in the comin' weeks.

Cheers All  :D

TinyPortal © 2005-2017