Author Topic: Modernfailbag 2  (Read 4956 times)

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
Re: Modernfailbag 2
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
how dare u come on here cully and talk like a crazed console fanboy. lol

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 11:28:28 PM »
though the tactical shields
Aye, the riot shields are annoying. Good against, the chopper, though. Crouch, and it can't hit your knees. Maybe having two of them would be good for doing a rush?

Only problem I'm having is the game not liking my firewall. Thinks I've a strict NAT. Meh. I runs, but I won't be able to host a server, even if it thinks my connection is good.

[TiG]Nietzschean

• TiG Member
  • Moving Up In Life
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »
though the tactical shields
Aye, the riot shields are annoying. Good against, the chopper, though. Crouch, and it can't hit your knees. Maybe having two of them would be good for doing a rush?

Only problem I'm having is the game not liking my firewall. Thinks I've a strict NAT. Meh. I runs, but I won't be able to host a server, even if it thinks my connection is good.

your port forwarding/firewall so, steam have a list of ports needed specifically for MW2 on their site...check that maybe...

Riot shields are cool i think, killable but i like the idea of them to help stop camping a flag, or make it tougher...

And i've never come across a person outside i couldn't kill with the chopper gunner, so don't think shields help...

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 07:40:32 PM »
Just got this today. Haven't got to play it yet. Anyone up for some of this tonight?

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 04:18:21 PM »
your port forwarding/firewall so, steam have a list of ports needed specifically for MW2 on their site...check that maybe...
Aye. Did port forwarding on my router, so in-game my NAT was "open", but that led to epic fail: couldn't connect to any servers. Switched off the port forwarding, and in-game my NAT was back to "strict", but I was able to connect to servers again. I'm finding that if it shows mulitiple attempts to connect, it's usually because the server I'm trying to connect to is full :/

As for the firewall, have all ports open, "game mode" on, and a few other tricks I found online (it seems everyone with bitdefender is having the same problem as me) helped me connect.

=-=

Meh. Have gotten that heartbeat sensor, but have not found a map it's of any use for: using the RPD and holographic sight is proving to be better. Have recently gotten the MP-4 (I think) which is epic, even with iron sights. Probably going to ignore the heartbeat sensor, and just get better sniper/machine guns.

Just got this today. Haven't got to play it yet. Anyone up for some of this tonight?
What's your name on Steam? Is it still Suppafly? If so, I'll join ya when i'm next online. That 's the one (and only?) good thing about the way the game does online play: easy to find yer mates online.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 04:20:33 PM by [TiG]the_syco »

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
Ya its still Suppafly on there. Your on my friends list already. The only people that r not r Fairy and Karma.

That 's the one (and only?) good thing about the way the game does online play: easy to find yer mates online.
And its not really the game itself doing that, its steam. I think steam has the best buddy type system for ease of connecting with buddy of all of the systems out there.

I see if i can get on tonight. Stuff came up last night so i couldn't come on after all

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 05:23:58 AM »
Will add you tonight Suppa.  Anyone up for some games tonight?  We could break Suppa in.

Muhahahahaha!

Cully

• Should be a better title
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 12:16:09 PM »
Im having issues with strict NAT, looong story.
The brother is having similar issues so we cant invite eachother at all.
I might nab someone to invite us both to a party to see if that works.

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 03:26:40 PM »
Cully no sweat m8.  I sorted a problem before on one of those Netopia routers before for someone.  Also check its not a software firewall restricting the game?

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 07:16:55 PM »
Cully no sweat m8.  I sorted a problem before on one of those Netopia routers before for someone.  Also check its not a software firewall restricting the game?
Aye, have one of them yoke's myself. Having an open NAT made my chances of getting into a game worse. Meh. What soft of software firewall do you have?

If you default gateway is 192.168.1.254 goto http://192.168.1.254/indexRES.htm?natRES.htm as it's the "NAT (Games and Other Services)" section. Once there, you'll be able to add in the ports for the game.

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 07:25:45 PM »
Guys just put your local IP in a DMZ and see how it goes.  Then work backwards from that.

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 09:29:43 PM »
Guys just put your local IP in a DMZ and see how it goes.  Then work backwards from that.
Must find out what a "DMZ" is... apart from a DeMilitarized Zone :P

[TiG]Nietzschean

• TiG Member
  • Moving Up In Life
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 09:32:31 PM »
thats what it means in computers too :)

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 12:34:28 AM »
thats what it means in computers too :)
Gotcha :D No idea how to do so. Will look whilst at work tomorrow.

Cully

• Should be a better title
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 10:03:03 AM »
Yeah ive forwarded all ports etc but still fails.
Ive tried that program for port checker and it says the ports ive opened are not open or not reachable ffs.
Cant figure it out at all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2017