Author Topic: Surround sound problems  (Read 1594 times)

tig|Bosco

• Should be a better title
Surround sound problems
« on: August 24, 2004, 07:48:34 PM »
Hi folks,

I've recently started using surround sound in BFV and I'm having odd problems.   I occasionally hear unusual popping sounds that immediatly make me think 'grenade!!' and start hopping around the place like a madman.  Sometimes Huey gunships float around the place in my game in complete silence, a bug which has cost me a couple of frags as you can well imagine.  I could mention other similar bugs, like the footsteps of people near me in the jungle sometimes sounding as if they're walking on the deck of the spawn boat or through water, bug I'm not sure if those were there before I started using surround or not.

I suspected my mainboard's cheapo integrated 'SoundMax' (Analog Devices) soundcard, but as far as I can make out I'm only only having problems in BFV.  I'm using EAX2 (card can't do 3) and all my drivers are upto date.

Anyone seeing (or hearing) the same things or have any ideas?

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
Surround sound problems
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 07:52:55 PM »
i get the stealth choppers and waterlogged boots all the time, think its a game bug tbh

Static

Surround sound problems
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 08:30:11 PM »
with this new point of excistence im also getting this.

tank noise (engine and stuff) wich comes and goes.
chopper noise wich comes and goes
and so on.

the water could be a puddle of water.
i sometimes also when i walk around it sounds asif im walking threw water.

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
Surround sound problems
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 02:17:23 PM »
yeah i get all of them. i don;t think i've got the stealth chopper one yet though

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
Surround sound problems
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 02:24:10 PM »
yeah i get teh choper 1 alot very annoying

u run out of a hut wen the flag warning is on 2 met a hind ansd u shit ur self and run into a the wall and not the door and boom ur dead.

the poe is very bad for sound

[TiG]Steven

Surround sound problems
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 11:33:21 PM »
i get those bugs also especially the "walking on mud but you hear metal sound"

and once i got a bug wkere i heard a chopper fight above me but there was no-one there . spent 5 mins shooting sa7 into the sky . spend the rest of the game being terrified that a real chopper was after me

TinyPortal © 2005-2017