Author Topic: Support Question to EAGames  (Read 3925 times)

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
Support Question to EAGames
« on: August 11, 2004, 11:29:27 AM »
Thought I'd post this here and share...

Hi,

I own many EA games published titles, but by far my favourite is Battlefield Vietnam.  

Since the 1.1 patch for the game was released it has many bugs & drawbacks.  Here are just 5 I can think of at the moment, through my frustration with the 'product':

1.  Minimap flashing icons on radio commands are missing, how can I tell where my teamamtes are on the map now?

2. It crashes to desktop again at random intervals, I thought you fixed this?

3. Sometimes, I get a repeating noise through my speakers, for instance, plane goes overhead, drops napalm near to me, I hear the explosion over and over again until the map changes.  This renders the game UNPLAYABLE.  Perhaps some sort of workaround, an in-game console command to restart/reset the sound system?

4. The Defense of Con Thein map, included in the patch was working for a short time, however, now anytime it loads, it causes BFV.exe to GPF.

5. There appears to be multiple cheats and hacks online to allow players of your game to see through walls and see emeny positions on the minimap, thus need to be blocked. See [link to cheat0rs] under the battlefield vietnam section.  Get evenbalance to sort it out within PB or take steps yourselves to prevent this.

I've paid ?60 of my money to play this game, and indeed much more on various other EA titles, joined a clan to play it with, and used to enjoy it.  Ever since you released your new patch for it, the one which was meant to fix everything and delayed as it was, Battlefield Vietnam has become a chore to play.  

Please address these issues without the usual "it must be your own fault" attitude, admit reponsiblility from a development 'buggy release' standpoint and either fix them or refund my money.

Thank You.

Let's see what they come back with.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 11:40:34 AM »
well that sort's are thoughts on that match then.

ive seen all 5 of them problems.

the repeting sound of bombs is so anoying last nite on the sas server.

plus the hacks are out there

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 11:43:36 AM »
Nice email Luc and well written.  Unfortunatley I cant even see them replying.

An idea would be to send it via the post addressed to the top man as confidential, to be opened by addressee only.  That way it'll get to the top.

Fairy

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 11:50:48 AM »
Yea, might be an idea, should have checked it for spelling mistakes too!  :cry:

Jackabo82

• Cillit Bang Salesman
  • Needs a life
    • Bebo thingy
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 12:55:47 PM »
yep the hacks are out there !!!! i was talking 2 a guy ( somthing knight) in an eauk server this morning who was killing me and killing others very oddly.after loads of complaints against him i got curious and switched teams and asked him was he using the hack that shows the enemy on the map,after a bit of sweet talking he admited that he was yes using the hack that shows the enemy on the map plus a hack that if he gets into a tank ,jeep,apc,etc ,it cannot be destoyed,and he says punkbuster cannot even smell it.its time 2 keep an eye out on navan me thinks !!!

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 12:59:20 PM »
i think it would be a good idea to report that site and the hippe hack 2 ea

as i can see this good game be wreakd.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 01:02:35 PM »
fairy i was readn that there is a fog hack out mabey that is why they could shoot from long distance and from that window.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 01:27:15 PM »
ive found the hack that allows u 2 see every1

it also has adjusted the wepon's  ammo and sub wepons.

diffrent mod

Ok, ill tell you my story about this mod!
I came on ****** and i saw "2 new files" First i clicked the ******mod, i saw the file size and the pictures and i thought:
"Ah, this mod wouldn't be so fun" But i must download it cauz im the file reviewer.
So i downloaded it and installed it too. I loaded the map Ho Chi Minh Trail cauz in the Read me they wrote:
"The XM148 Grenade Launcher only have 99 rounds, instead of 999. You'll see why if/when you play."
So i spawned as CAR-15/XM148 and shoot with the Grenade Launcher... I saw 5 grenades were coming out of the weapon in 1 second... WITHOUT reloading,
You'll be invinceble with that weapon, but the LAW, M79, SA-7, RPG-2 and RPG-7v has 99 ammo, but no 'automatic fire'
But i played further and i owned all bots. Then i got in one of those tanks, they shoot those Missiles and the alternate fire is a flametrower, Very strong!
I didn't die with the tank... Later i wanted to play a other map, the map Operation Flaming Dart.
You see all those smoke tracers of all plane and choppers, don't worry, they will disappear after a while, but is is very handy too search enemy planes, so i owned those bots again  
And then i got the M1911 pistol... It had 999 bullets and it shoots like a M60!
If you zoom in and shoot you see the bullets. I played it like 2 hours? I stopped because i thaught about the review...
And, you can't play the mod on internet or LAN, i don't know why. I wanted to play online with the mod, but you can't. And sooo much firepower and those bots, make the game very laggy. U need a good computer to play it without lags.
They are going to make custom skins and textures, custom maps, fix some bugs, the networking problem. So the next version of *****will be bigger.
I'm giving it a 7,5 because it's fun and much new stuff in a small file.

[TiG]JimeatsLans

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 03:36:43 PM »
Perhaps the issue of hacks etc... should be addressed with our recruitment procedure. Anyone member caught using hacks/cheats will be fired from cannon into sun etc...

[TiG]Chunks

• Should be a better title
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 04:05:54 PM »
Quote from: [TiG] Jimeatsmenu
Perhaps the issue of hacks etc... should be addressed with our recruitment procedure. Anyone member caught using hacks/cheats will be fired from cannon into sun etc...

good point jimbo, i'll incorporate that into the 'recruitment rules'

[TiG] Ulysses31

How would we know....
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 04:50:10 PM »
Is there any way to tell if someone has a cheat/mod installed? How would we know besides a high kill rate..but could that be due to a skilled player(s) like all TiG's are!!

BTW good point Jimbo

Darkireland

• Should be a better title
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 06:18:52 PM »
Thats what you get for playing on ea servers well known for the cheating scumbags just keep a eye out on navan and kick people who are cheating whores!

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 06:23:10 PM »
There are things a server admin can do in relation to PB but I'm not sure what they are.  They can take pictures of the player etc.

Fairy.

[TiG]Ranger

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 06:35:56 PM »
If a person is suspected to be cheating on Navan and other TIG members suspect it themselves its then up to a TIG member on that cheaters  team to kill this fella on sight or hunt him down  :twisted:
Doesn't matter if its a team kill.......... this fella will get the idea and feck off somewhere else.

Quickest solution possible  :salute:

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 07:01:01 PM »
Most nights has an admin on anyway.  I would never suggest someone was cheating unless I was fecking damn sure first.

May be an idea to have free cam on Navan/Cavan.  You can follow any player you want then.

Fairy

TinyPortal © 2005-2017