Author Topic: BFV: Point of Existence  (Read 2894 times)

[TiG]PorkFlyLice

BFV: Point of Existence
« on: August 28, 2004, 01:49:06 PM »
A new official mod with modern weapons and vehicles.

366mb, available here: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/144757.shtml

Static

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »
:cry: yeah i believe fairy forced us al to use it.

cool mod stil few bugs in there but fun to play

[TiG]Ranger

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 04:16:25 PM »
its good to see so many vehicles in these levels,
I like the desert level where u can have about 20 tanks going to one flag together supported by helis.I enjoyed a good game of this the other day on a public server so I think TIG should do it some time

tig.alanc

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 05:51:14 PM »
it has some potential, can't wait to see what it's like with all the bugs stamped out.

Why has the stealth chopper only got 6 rockets?

Static

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 06:24:50 PM »
dunno
on pics of it (its named the commanche i think orso) it has 3 rockets under each wing so maybe that is the max it has in reality.
it does kinda suck
:P especialy with my aim my first shot always misses so i only got5

but it handles great
a lil to light if before it ya flew a Mi8 in BFV.
dodged a few missles with it.

wil try to make a looping with it if SP wouldnt crash every 5 minuts.

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 08:49:24 PM »
yeah its a handy enough mod alright. but as ye said, theres still lots of bugs to be fixed, so i looking forward to the more advanced releases of it. decent enough first release though

Cosmonaut

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 01:14:35 PM »
Yea its a handy mod, allthough a complete rip-off of DesertCombat.
The choppers are class to fly, but i think the Apache is way too powerfull, its frustrating to be on the receiving end of what seems to be a never-ending torrent of missiles.

Maps take ages to load too, but some are great (the one with the 2 bridges and raised bases - think its called 'El Daba')

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 02:08:41 PM »
yeah its a complete rip off of DC alright. Whats the story with the choppers not being able to take off straight up. When there at the landing pad u seem to have to push it forward abit fo it to take off, whats the story there? some of the maps r well annoying though. like the savanna ones.

[TiG]Devil_Monkey

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 05:06:52 PM »
I think you don't just jump in and fly off, you have to built up some engine speed first?

The choppers are as lethal as they should be.
Being the sap in the tank is the sucky part but hey, that's what air cover is for.

ciaran

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 08:48:22 PM »
Why complain it's a complete ripoff of DC? What's wrong with some like DC on the BFV engine? The DC team have made it clear time and time again it won't be ported to BFV.

POE -> I dislike the BFV chopper controls in it. I dislike most of the maps. However, I do like experimenting ( :wink: ) and a mod like this based on the BFV engine has a lot of potential. It still hasn't done for BFV what DC did for BF1942, but I'm hoping in time that it will.

[TiG]Devil_Monkey

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 09:13:16 PM »
PoE is very vehicle centric.
There's no room for infantry at all.

I didn't play any DC but in PoE you are at nothing if you're not in some piece of hardware.

Cpt.Cakk

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 05:33:21 AM »
Agreed... I find in Vietnam, even ground troops have a good chance... I played in one POE match, and can't say I ever shot my gun...

Pretty much used the tanks to get around with a small battle in the air...

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 01:51:42 PM »
it was pretty much the same with DC. It was very vehicle orientated. Maybe not as much PoE though. I agree that most of the maps r shite

It still hasn't done for BFV what DC did for BF1942, but I'm hoping in time that it will.

i thought that at the start. that it has a good potential but tbh, by the time it gets to any real state of readiness BF2 is going to be out and it is just going to be forgotten about just like EoD was when BFV came out.

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2004, 01:58:52 PM »
EOD isnt forgotten.  Its just about ready for the BFV engine and looks the dogs dangly bits TBH.

An S?dhe

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2004, 02:20:01 PM »
Quote from: [TiG]AnS?dhe
EOD isnt forgotten.  Its just about ready for the BFV engine and looks the dogs dangly bits TBH.

An S?dhe

have u download it yet fairy? I just went onto their site there and its at 0.31 now? is there many people playing it and is that many server about?

TinyPortal © 2005-2017