Author Topic: BC2 - Vietnam  (Read 1612 times)

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
BC2 - Vietnam
« on: June 15, 2010, 11:58:54 AM »
Putting this here as its for the old skoolers.  I want to hope that this will be good but I have a niggling feeling that it will be a major dissapointment for the guys who played BFV.

Firstly there will only be 4 maps, theres no mention that these will be old BFV maps, or reworkings of old maps.  Thinking of the size of the maps currently I cannot see the maps being the same, maybe some of the city maps but not the likes of Irvine etc.

The ability to blow up walls and buildings etc will mean that the game will not play the same.  Theres no confirmation that the old music tracks will be back, and I for one doubt they will be.

Its a bit strange that this is announced now while they still have not finished BF1943, its just makes no sense unless its a money grabbing exercise due to the fact that the next COD is rumoured to have Vietnam based levels with some music from the era.

I know its normally Karmas job to be grim about stuff but this doesnt add up to me at all.

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
Re: BC2 - Vietnam
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:07:54 PM »
I don't think the blowing up walls will be much of a problem tbh i feel it opens up the game more.

As for the maps i think ur right and we need music that's the main part of the game, oh and what's a Vietnam game without napalm???

But its to early to start counting things out of the game as the video doesn't show you anything.

I wish they would have done a total remake of the game but if they support this with more maps etc I will be happy

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
I now see why they're not letting us make our own maps for it: they want to keep releasing their own, in the hope that it keeps the game alive as long as possible.

As said, napalm. I wonder how will they handle the burning, and will you be able to set buildings alight?

On another note, I see that the xbox users will have a new mode that will allow them to play co-op against AI. Although this is of no interest to the PC players, the fact that said missions could be played at different times of the day is.

If they combined the time of day to BC2:V, then lighting the huts on fire in an evening setting would be a good laugh.

In saying that, I wonder how they could make some of the urban building intensive maps, or should I say: how many buildings will the servers be able to handle? At the moment, there's usually a maximum amount of buildings that can be taken down (and some, that can't, like in Port Valdez), so I can't see many of the urban maps being migrated.

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 03:23:02 AM »
man just saw this now, I hope its good. This is what i've been wanting for ages. BFV with a makeover. i like the game play in BC2 so just hopefully they have some of the fav maps and then then release some more also.

[TiG]JimeatsLans

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
Any interest still for this? Will definitely be getting it myself.

Released on the 18th Dec for PC, but if you preorder from EA Store you get it on the 15th. ?12.99, same price as Steam.
http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »
Wasnt intending to buy this and then read....

...Rocking 60's Soundtrack. Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 49 time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR....

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
iii.... likkkkeeee yaaaaa...   ders just sumthing cool about flyn about with music blasting and killn people.  depends on maps now for me
***edit***

just looked at the maps on steam , they dnt look all like anything i xpected to open etc, no Ho Chi Minh trail or anything like that. vidz needed  :|

come to think about it, its lacking the planes and the wtf moments of dog fights and epic crashes just wont be the same with out the planes i miss my mig-21 :( was nothing more satisfying than tailing a f4 and waiting till just the right moment when he changed direction that left him totally open so u could blow him outa the sky with ur mig-21 rockets then fly off  doing a barrel roll to the kinks all day and all of the night!!!  and knowing that u were act making a difference to the game by keeping them f4's under presser

I DEMAND SUM BFV OVER XMAS lol
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:44:57 PM by [TiG]ABE »

Nelix

• TiG Member
  • Should be a better title
    • http://www.theirishguard.com
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »
Is this a standalone game or do you need Bad Company 2?

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »
u need bad company 2

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »
As soon as i saw this on steam i bought it straight away. it was only 12.99 so what harm. hopefully it will be decent. Would love if they put in some of the old maps like ho chi minh trail, hue and irving and a number of others. I really like the BF:BC2 game system. Its far superior to the BF2 game system. Basically its what i've alway wanted, BFV just updated and I'm sure loads of fans would buy it. looking at the video though its seems they say fan favourities from BF: BC 1?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:02:21 PM by [TiG]Suppafly »

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 06:59:33 PM »
Man that looks so sweet! I love that map too! Hopefully this is the first of many. I'd love if they re-did a bunch of the old BFV maps with the new BF:BC2 gameplay and graphics. Looks sweet.
Aye, but only if they had the BFV choppas.

[TiG]the_syco

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 09:27:25 PM »
Jumped onto BF:BC2 there, to see how bad I was at sniping after playing CoD, and I wasn't all that bad. The crashes every so often was still there, so can't see myself in any great rush in getting this expansion.

[GiT] Karma

• Needs a life
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:44 PM »
pre-order in ohhh yeah

Nelix

• TiG Member
  • Should be a better title
    • http://www.theirishguard.com
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
Me too :salute:

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 01:08:19 PM »
just watching the bc2:V gameplay video , I really hope they just give u a pistol along side the flame thrower if the give u a submachine gun that mite bit abit over kill and everyone will be using that class, or they limit only say 5players outa 20 to be able to select that kit. 

what you think is goina happen. the flame thrower is very strong and is basically AOE spray and pray... now if 15 people are using that class It would be a nightmare for gameplay
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:10:02 PM by [TiG]ABE »

TinyPortal © 2005-2017