Author Topic: MOD : Zero Tolerance Mod, Improved TK-System  (Read 2085 times)

ptegan

• Getting Known
MOD : Zero Tolerance Mod, Improved TK-System
« on: July 04, 2005, 08:52:26 AM »
I posted a link on Boards to a mod which I wouldn't mind seeing installed someday on the server.

It's really just a few changes of the tk feature but I think that the first one where your tks are counted against you from round to round (they aren't supposed to according to EA, it's a bug).

What do you guys think about it?

* Fixed a bug where TKs are not reset after rounds. Currently, if a player plays for a lot of rounds, he is bound to pass the TK limit.

* Added a Negative Score Kick, similar to the PunkBuster feature (which is not available for BF2).

* The TK Limit is now a ratio. You set how many Enemy Kills are required per TK. This means a player who kills a lot of enemies will be forgiven more TKs.

* You also set how many TKs are required before the system starts taking the Ratio into consideration.

* You can Limit how many punish votes someone can cast during a round. So people learn to make better use of them.

* Based on score, you can award more punish votes.

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=13269&tid=1687025

[TiG]valen

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
  • Just chillin
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 08:58:33 AM »
N1 lad!  :salute:

ptegan

• Getting Known
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »
The one I'd LOVE to see is :

The TK Limit is now a ratio. You set how many Enemy Kills are required per TK. This means a player who kills a lot of enemies will be forgiven more TKs.

I don't tk a lot. Kicked yesterday for the first time in a week due to someone driving over my mine (I was in the damn jeep at the time and saw the mine a mile off :) )
But I had 26 kills and didn't feel that being kicked for 10 minutes for 2 kills was fair.

[TiG]Mantra

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 10:19:14 AM »
Sounds cool, I don't know if there are rules to what mods can be run and still have the server being ranked.

But very nice find

ptegan

• Getting Known
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 10:20:25 AM »
Yeah, I don't know about that modding bit myself but will ask EA to see what they say.

ptegan

• Getting Known
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 11:55:54 AM »
Just asked the guy I know who works with EA (used to be with DiCE ages ago). He said there's no problem as admins can modify the tk_punish.py file as they please (that's all this mod is actually).

Not exactly horses mouth but prob all I can dig up...

{Comrade}Macgyver

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 12:55:19 PM »
i would very much like to see that mod introduced

TinyPortal © 2005-2017