Author Topic: Arma2 Guides  (Read 1109 times)

[TiG]Boru

• Should be a better title
  • I like pie
Arma2 Guides
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »
With us playing so much of arma and its mods last few months/weeks I figured I should post this link

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

Well worth the read, lots of little things in it like you can use dead bodies as cover, rounds wont pass
through a dead body.But be warned its a lot of reading.
 :salute:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:15:47 PM by [TiG]Boru »

danox

Re: Arma2 Guides
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
ill check this!

Thanks!

Addict

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
Great, now I have to buy a TrackIR5......

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:56:24 PM »
That's an excellent guide, haven't read it all, but went over this page: http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/basic_rifleman.html

iT has all the elements in there thar everyone playing Arma, or *any* team based game, should be aware of.

Here's a snippet about Basic Situational Awareness Guidelines
  • Whether you're moving or halted, you should always be scanning for the enemy. Murphy's Law tells you that the moment you let your guard down and stop scanning is the moment the enemy will appear.
  • Cover whatever areas you have been assigned to, or cover whatever area seems to need coverage. Adapt to the situation as needed, and be able to pick out areas that may be more dangerous, and warrant more observation, than others.
  • When you're halted, take a knee, find cover if possible, and continue to scan.
  • Stay alert! There is no "safe" time in a combat zone. If you let your guard down, either you will die from it, or, worse, you will get a teammate killed because of it. Getting yourself shot is one thing - getting a teammate shot, that's something else best avoided.
  • Be aware of the risks of 'tunnel vision' and avoid falling into that state. Tunnel vision occurs when a player gets so fixated on a specific target or object/area that they neglect to stay aware of the "big picture". Remember that for every enemy you see, there are probably three or four (or more) others that you do not. Fixating on a single enemy at the expense of everything else is likely to get you flanked and killed. Stay alert and aware and you will greatly increase your odds of survival.
  • Check the map frequently to maintain awareness of friendly positions, suspected enemy locations, and more. The map is used by our group to mark enemy contacts, and thanks to our platoon structure and how it is displayed in-game, the positions of friendly squads and fireteams can also be seen on the map. Ensure that you check it frequently to keep up-to-date on suspected enemy positions as well as friendly positions.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:00:53 PM by [TiG]Lucutus »

TinyPortal © 2005-2017