Author Topic: Hello old friends!  (Read 1076 times)

dannyodwyer

• Fresh Meat
Hello old friends!
« on: October 23, 2011, 02:04:52 AM »
Hey all,

Glad to see a lot of familiar names are still on here, must admit I wasn't expecting the clan to still be around. Awesome work, I'm sure you're all looking forward to BF3. You guys probably don't remember but back when you guys were a BF:V clan I went by the name of [TiG]Cosmonaut and happilly flew Huey for about a year.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hey again and tell you guys that my time with [TiG] holds fond memories. Especially this past week. I now work as a video journalist for Gamespot in London and as part of the run-up to BF3's release I created a history of the series video. So I spent most of last week back playing loads of 1942/BFV/BF2 to make sure it was factually accurate.

If you're interested you can check it out here: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/battlefield-3/video/6341326/bluffers-guide-to-battlefield?tag=topslot;img;4

Anyway, just wanted to touch base with you guys. I've got good contacts at EA so if you guys are ever in need of anything I could help with hit me up on twitter @dannyodwyer

Otherwise, enjoy BF3 next week. I've been playing through the PS3 version today. My mouth was open most of the time :)

*salutes*

Cosmo out.

[TiG]Lucutus

• Needs a life
Re: Hello old friends!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 02:18:24 AM »
Ahoy Cosmo,

Thanks for that, thoroughly enjoyed it!  You could have mentioned us by name though ;)

Hit us up next weekend for some games!

:salute:    :ph33r:

Luc

[GIT]Fairy

• All yore posts are belong to me!!!
  • Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
Cosmo we are hopefully holding another big TiG lan in Jan next year.  Come and video document that, show Gamespot how much fun you can have when friends get together.

Good to hear from you again!

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »
Just watched the video there, brought back some great memories.  We still play BFV and occasionally BF42, but rarely BF2 for some reason :p.  Thanks!

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »
The video is class. Have played Nam and BC2 recently enough but have avoided BF2 for quite a while. Hope to see ye on the TiG server when BF3 comes out: I like shooting down choppers :P

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
Ahoy Cosmo,

Thanks for that, thoroughly enjoyed it!  You could have mentioned us by name though ;)

Hit us up next weekend for some games!

:salute:    :ph33r:

Luc
we remember u surely cosmo  great video loved the cheesey pop songs in bfv was a nice touch

a wee on screen website link would of been epic, keep us in mind for a BF3 review ;)

great to see u remembered us make sure u drop into Teamspeak for a few games and beers sum nite  :salute:

dannyodwyer

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:37 PM »
Cheers for the feedback, appreciate it :)

I really should have mentioned ye actually - my bad. Some more BF3 content will be going up over the next month I'll be sure to get you in there. And thanks for the invite, I'm trying to peice together a new rig at the moment (I played it on a high powered PC at an EA event last week and fell in love) so once I do I'll be sure to hop on.

Need to work on my choppa skills quite a bit though :D

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 11:23:44 PM »
Aright Cosmo! Hows things? I remember you for sure. I'm pretty sure i was chopper whoring with you in bfv a good bit :) Sounds like you have a sweet job too :)

Just watched your video there too and it was great. I love the theme music to bf1942 and bfv! They're so awesome! Back streets boys though, come on cosmo :P

Would be great to see over at one of fairys lans alright too. Nice one for checking back in with us too :)

Rev Hellfire

• Honorary Member
  • Getting Known
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
Well since old farts from the long long ago are saying 'allo,

"Hello TiG people"

[TiG]the_syco

• My command is your wish...
  • TiG Member
  • Needs a life
    • the-syco.eu
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »
Well since old farts from the long long ago are saying 'allo,

"Hello TiG people"
.o/

[TiG]ABE

• Administrator
  • Needs a life
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »
the creator of veitnavan  himself

[GIT]Fairy

• Get a life spamm0r
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
I've created a new forum membership for Rev, he is an Honorary TiG Member!

Cully

• Should be a better title
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »
Howdy Rev  :salute:

[TiG]Suppafly

• TiG Member
  • Needs a life
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »
hey Rev! Welcome back :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2017